Anyone else having issues with the BI app on iOS?

Reaction score
Within the past couple of weeks I've been having issues with my mobile BI app. Sometimes when I connect to my BI server, the app is slow to load and will cause my connection to the BI server to disconnect. When this happens, I am unable to login back in and the app will show a check server address error. During this time, I am unable to connect to any BI server I have set up on my phone (I have two servers in two different locations). Sometimes disabling the wifi on my phone will allow me to connect again, however, if the app becomes sluggish on the LTE network and disconnects, I won't be able to connect on wifi or LTE.

I don't have any issues connecting to the BI server using a web browser while the iPhone app is exhibiting these issues.

I know this issues isn't limited to my setup because I have a friend who also has two separate BI locations and he is having similar issues.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try turning off the "Background App Refresh" option in your iPhone settings.

Blule Iris App.png

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm... it increased the response time on my iPhone 7 significantly.

Reaction score
Looks like I figured out the issue. I was using a ddns service to connect to my BI server while using the BI mobile app. I cleared the ddns address out of the WAN field in the BI app and inputted my actual ip address and port number. Now it seems to be connecting and staying connected without any issues. I emailed my findings to Ken so hopefully he can fix the issue.

Is anyone else having connection issues using no-ip ddns service and the BI mobile app?

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like I figured out the issue. I was using a ddns service to connect to my BI server while using the BI mobile app. I cleared the ddns address out of the WAN field in the BI app and inputted my actual ip address and port number. Now it seems to be connecting and staying connected without any issues. I emailed my findings to Ken so hopefully he can fix the issue.

Is anyone else having connection issues using no-ip ddns service and the BI mobile app?
I have been having the same difficulty using No-IP but with the Windows Phone app. I haven't tried the workaround of actually using the IP address and port to my WAN connection and I haven't mentioned it on here because so few people use that app and Ken doesn't have any input into it. It would seem, though there is something there that has changed in BI if it is occurring in separate apps. I can log in on my local WIFI network fine.

Reaction score
I haven't had any luck with Ken resolving the issue with no-ip ddns. Today I switched to dyndns and so far it seems to be working properly