Anyone else get snow today?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Shots taken on my farm this evening after we received 9" of snow today. Not a big deal for some of you, but Tennessee just isn't used to getting this much snow.
Monday morning, I awoke to 5" of snow, after a weekend of temps in the upper 70's. I am now officially ready for spring.

ch03_20220106151646.jpg
ch03_20220106160057.jpg

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
20” here over the last 36 hours. Kids school was canceled yesterday and today. I’m guessing tomorrow too.

The county no longer plow roads after 4, and they don’t start until 6am. Im guessing we got 6” over the last 4 hours

I‘m so ready for summer. I’ve been ready for summer since Labor Day. Anything under 60 is to cold for me, and yet I live in Michigan….

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did buy a 7’ snowblower for my tractor at a auction this summer. At least my 1 1/2 hour a night job with a back blade pushing snow now turned into a 30min job, so at least that’s bairable.

Now to convince the wife I need a tractor with a cab…

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
We got the same snow @Smilingreen got, just a few hours later. It started at 3:00 pm or so, and ended around 9:00 pm. We probably got a couple of inches on the ground. It was warm so a lot melted. It's now below 30, so it will hang around for a couple of days.
It dropped down to 10 degrees last night after all that snow. So, none of it has melted here yet. It is currently 20. Had to plow the hill with the tractor on the State Road yesterday afternoon so my daughter could get up it into her driveway. I was going to go plow snow today on the farm, but had a little mishap with my knee this morning outside, so the snow is just going to have to melt. I can't get up on the tractor.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope it's nothing serious with the knee Smilingreen.

We got about four inches between 0200 and 0700. The sun is out, most of the time, and the temps are around 31-32 so it is melting. The roads are clear and I'm not even going to bother with the snow blower today. 40's tomorrow and Sunday with rain on Sunday.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It dropped down to 10 degrees last night after all that snow. So, none of it has melted here yet. It is currently 20. Had to plow the hill with the tractor on the State Road yesterday afternoon so my daughter could get up it into her driveway. I was going to go plow snow today on the farm, but had a little mishap with my knee this morning outside, so the snow is just going to have to melt. I can't get up on the tractor.
Hope your knee is okay, hurting those sucks! It is up to 25 F here today. Sun is out and melting what is left on the driveway.

I posted a time lapse of me plowing our driveway with the ATV in the captures forum: Plowing Driveway with ATV 30x

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2" here, just enough to cause the masse's to act like they had never seen snow on a road before. Idiots.
5 degrees for a low this morning. It was 74 last week. ;)
Todays high is forecast for 21, then Sunday, high of 60 and rain. Then back down into the teens next week. Yippee!

To those that were trapped on the I95 overnight, learn to heed storm warnings and stay the fork off the roads. You had 2-3 days warning.
You should know by now that the Government isn't your saving grace, you are always your own first responder.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope it's nothing serious with the knee Smilingreen.

We got about four inches between 0200 and 0700. The sun is out, most of the time, and the temps are around 31-32 so it is melting. The roads are clear and I'm not even going to bother with the snow blower today. 40's tomorrow and Sunday with rain on Sunday.
Well, I did a Brandon and fell going up a set of stairs.:nervous: I thought I had tripped, but when I played the back porch video back, It appears my knee gave out and I took one of those slow motion, can't stop your self, hard falls. I was all worried about that knee and once my wife helped me get into the house and checked for damages, it appears I got both knees pretty good in the fall. I also kissed the screen porch door pretty hard with my face......