Anybody tested the first vari-focal Hikvision ColorVu's: DS-2CD2747G2-LZS (Dome) and DS-2CD2647G2-LZS (Bullet)

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I saw that Hikvision has added their first vari-focal ColorVu cameras - DS-2CD2747G2-LZS (dome) and DS-2CD2647G2-LZS (Bullet) - curious if anyone has tested them yet?

These are F/1.0 lens and 1/1.8" sensor with 2,688x1,520 resolution ... so should be pretty decent in low light.

But I think they missed an opportunity to come out with a killer product. How awesome would be a 1/1.2" sensor (or bigger!) like the DS-2CD2087G2-L ... but instead of a 8MP sensor, use 2MP, since you can zoom the field-of-view to be exactly what you want.

Now that would be a serious "light sucker" in the dark!
alek

P.S. No built-in microphones on these models - maybe because they feel with varifocal, they feel they won't pick up audio from far away?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is that a 1/1.2" sensor in 4MP is totally different than one in 8MP, half the pixels on the sensor surface. Probably easier to manufacture but given the problems of supply chain with chips, even the 8MP 1/1.2" cameras are hard to get. They are using it for 8MP because everyone seems to chase MP rather than low light capability, believeing what they see on TV and in movies with "digital zoom", pardon me, "enhance".