Any way to hear sounds from 2 cameras at the same time via iOS app?

TheAccuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently with the iOS app, I can only hear sound from the camera that is in focus. Is there a way to hear the sound from all cameras in a group? Or even sound when having the app cycle through the cameras. When I have the app cycle through, I don't get sound on any cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently with the iOS app, I can only hear sound from the camera that is in focus. Is there a way to hear the sound from all cameras in a group? Or even sound when having the app cycle through the cameras. When I have the app cycle through, I don't get sound on any cameras.
Welcome to the forum..I dont believe this is possible..

TheAccuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..I dont believe this is possible..
Okay thanks. Even during cycling through cameras? Is that normal behavior to have no sound during that? Seems like you should get sound during the full-screen cycle on the iOS app.

Here is my setup btw:

4 Foscam FI9821E POE (White)
- 1 in garage
- 1 in kid's loft
- 1 in son bedroom
- 1 in daughter bedroom

2 Foscam FI9803EP
- 1 for driveway
- 1 for front porch

I have all cameras running at a 4M bitrate and at 15fps (not variable).

Windows 8.1 rackmount (custom) desktop (also used for PLEX)
- Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 Ghz (Load is around 15% recording 6 streams @ 15fps 24/7)
- 16 GB Memory (3 GB in use during normal usage without PLEX streaming any content)
- C: running on 256 GB Crucial CT256MX100 SSD
* Blue Iris records to C: in 10 GB chunks, then moves them to D: (not sure if this is the best method, maybe I should record directly to D: ?)
- D: running on a 6.36 TB Windows Storage Space (consists of a 4 TB ST4000DM000-1F2168 and 2x1.5 TB ST31500341AS SATA drives)
* 1 TB of space carved out for BI

Anyways, glad to have found this forum. I've been running BI for a few months now and everything is working great. Just looking to tweak things a little bit.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont have the ios app, but on the android app you cannot get sound during cycling...you can email support and ask for the function to be added...

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I would like to set alerts for sounds on each hikvision cube camera 2142, is that possible, I was only hearing sounds on one camera