Any sample pics for DH-IPC-HDW1531S

noice

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to forum/cam stuff,

I'm looking into a new cam set up and Andy suggested this DH-IPC-HDW1531S. I asked for something home use, relatively inexpensive. He suggested these, but I can't find much info on these other than the PDF specs. Does anyone have any sample pics or another model that this compares well with that I look at? Am I searching wrong? Any info would be appreciated

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to forum/cam stuff,

I'm looking into a new cam set up and Andy suggested this DH-IPC-HDW1531S. I asked for something home use, relatively inexpensive. He suggested these, but I can't find much info on these other than the PDF specs. Does anyone have any sample pics or another model that this compares well with that I look at? Am I searching wrong? Any info would be appreciated
Welcome @noice,

We'd be delighted to have you pick up one of those and share any pictures and videos from it and do a review.

There's a number of new models which have come out - and many members are able to take some time to review and share samples from those cameras. I don't recall seeing that one yet.

In general - it is wiser to spend the extra $ and pickup cameras which are recommended by members here who have had a chance to use them a bit.

noice

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @noice,

We'd be delighted to have you pick up one of those and share any pictures and videos from it and do a review.

There's a number of new models which have come out - and many members are able to take some time to review and share samples from those cameras. I don't recall seeing that one yet.

In general - it is wiser to spend the extra $ and pickup cameras which are recommended by members here who have had a chance to use them a bit.
Oh Hey mat2000 from SD I bet!
It was what Andy suggested, PDF file has a 2018 copyright so I guess it's fairly new. After a bit reading it seems the general consensus is turret>dome. I tried looking at the bullets but they have way larger dimensions. Any recommendations for $100 and under cams?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
There are some very good Dahua cameras in the just over $100 range, 4231 series for example and the new 2231 (I think that's the model series) has varifocal. Turret style and low light level performance. From my own, personal, experience the under $100 cameras just don't perform well compared to these at the $120 range or so.

Don't fall in to the high megapixel trap. A 2mp low light camera will out perform a 5mp model hands down. Unless you're trying to produce a movie, you're actually trying to identify miscreants. 2mp will do that quite well.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good to have you here @noice

I concur with @awsum140 - a lot of the more affordable cameras just do not seem well valued for their price point. Seems like $100-120 per camera is the point where you see a significant shift in quality.

Turrets are the preferred form factor for most of us here.

noice

n3wb
Reaction score
There are some very good Dahua cameras in the just over $100 range, 4231 series for example and the new 2231 (I think that's the model series) has varifocal. Turret style and low light level performance. From my own, personal, experience the under $100 cameras just don't perform well compared to these at the $120 range or so.

Don't fall in to the high megapixel trap. A 2mp low light camera will out perform a 5mp model hands down. Unless you're trying to produce a movie, you're actually trying to identify miscreants. 2mp will do that quite well.
Yea it seems like most things, you get what you pay for. And in the long term, a $20-$40 upgrade is nothing, might as well have peace of mind than cheaping out.
Good to have you here @noice

I concur with @awsum140 - a lot of the more affordable cameras just do not seem well valued for their price point. Seems like $100-120 per camera is the point where you see a significant shift in quality.

Turrets are the preferred form factor for most of us here.
Thank you, will look into the 4231 and 2231 as well! Will up the budget