Any known issues upgrading to 4.x from 3.x?

CFoote

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a long time BI user and have 3.x running smoothly on my Atom powered Win7 machine with two cameras.

Just wanted to know any issues I should be aware of upgrading from 3.x to 4.x...I've patiently waited just to get the bugs worked out of the initial release.

Thoughts? Anything I should do prior to the install/upgrade?

Chris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently upgraded also. Everything went smoothly after I remembered to turn off BI 3 before starting BI 4. The program self identified all the cameras and everything worked properly. Interface is a bit different but I'm getting used to it.

CFoote

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Did BI4 retain your cameras settings, old video and motion/sensitivity settings from BI3?

Chris

rantech

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears to go well for the vast majority of people but it broke my setup and I've been unable to get it working properly again. Have been fighting with it for a few weeks now.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as basic operation my install went smoothly, it did keep the camera settings (I saved the camera settings by exporting them to a flash drive but didn't need them). BI 4 even continued to use the BI 3 folders for clips since that where I had been keeping them. It did seem to use more cpu until I changed to direct to disc and I had some ghosting that was fixed when I increased the size of the receive buffer. So the install went smoothly, I just had to do a little tweaking with help from the folks in this forum.