Any experience with Sricam SP012 720P and Blue Irirs?

Reaction score
Any experience with Sricam SP012 720P and Blue Irirs?

I have two of them coming on the slow boat from China. Need to swap out a couple of old 640x480 cams for a little bit more res.

Any way I had gotten the install processes down pretty good for the old style cams. But the last two H264 cams I installed are working. But I dont really know why or how.
I just kept trying different configs until one worked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sricam is bottom barrel and should be avoided at all costs... you should be able to select that camera or similar from the drop down or use the find inspect option.

Reaction score
Thanks!! I will give it a try. I figured for $25 each and free shipping they cant be top O the line. But the other cheap cameras I have all work well enough for my needs.

Reaction score
Sricam is bottom barrel and should be avoided at all costs... you should be able to select that camera or similar from the drop down or use the find inspect option.
I was able to sort of get them running.
But your right POS camera. Although they did send the wrong ones. They sent SP005's instead of theSP012's as ordered.
Even so at 720p it looks worse than the 640x480 cam that it is to replace. For $25 i will use them as a place holder until I get the ones I want.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's the thing cheap 720p or 960h is really bad, the only people who say it's amazing have upgraded from 420TVL!

Can you send back for a refund?

Reaction score
That's the thing cheap 720p or 960h is really bad, the only people who say it's amazing have upgraded from 420TVL!

Can you send back for a refund?
That depends. I am sure I can send them back. but they came on the boat. I wont be paying return shipping.
I would just keep them for round out coverage.
I am running cat5 wire to a couple of out buildings and adding some switches. I will always have a spot to stick a cheap O camera.
The one main camera I want to find is 2mp 5xzoom ptz. Lots of them out there but the cost is higher so I want to buy a better one.

Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is cheap but crap.

Huisun is relatively cheap and proven. I bought one after months of umming and arrggghhiing.

Reaction score
hey yall
im new here....
im using tha Sricam SP012 camara with BI 4.4.1.1 x64
it works good...
only problem im having is gettin tha PTZ to work ?

PTZ works on Device viewer...but not in BI ??

FYI...i didnt buy tha camera.....a friend did !!!

Reaction score
BI tech support wants me 2 pay 4 priority support.........
cause tha email is slow and dont make sence.........
figure i wilkl jes delete BI & tale a loss !!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI tech support wants me 2 pay 4 priority support.........
cause tha email is slow and dont make sence.........
figure i wilkl jes delete BI & tale a loss !!!
If your emails were anything like your posts here then I could understand why he could not communicate with you.
There are several threads discussing how to setup the ptz...
What are you going to use instead of BI, the crap software the sricam came with? lol...

linda105

n3wb
Reaction score
I need some review of these 2 cam, plz. I saw a lot of ads from eBay and Amazon abt these 2 brand, some said they're easy to install and cheap but i kinda doubt about this.