Any devide that can take 2 POE+ connections and output 1 Hi-POE?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen lots of mid span injectors that provide Hi-POE but have yet to find one that could use two POE+ connections and output one High POE. Anyone else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesnt exist because it makes no sense...
It would simply be cheaper to use a hi-poe injector

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. It is most definitely not cheaper if you already had two wires in a location and spare ports on your POE+ switch.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. It is most definitely not cheaper if you already had two wires in a location and spare ports on your POE+ switch.
Why do you think it would be cheaper for a splitter than an injector, its basically the same parts...

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good call. Too early in the morning. However with passive splitter no power would be required.

On another note any of the Dahua switches any good? I never see anyone talk about them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good call. Too early in the morning. However with passive splitter no power would be required.

On another note any of the Dahua switches any good? I never see anyone talk about them.
I have no idea..if your trust their nvr's there is no reason to think the switches are bad, but unless you need hi-poe, there are better known switches available.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks just wondered why never read anything on them.