Any chance of making this readable

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, this particular vehicle was involved in a burglary the other day. Do you think it is possible to get a readable plate out of this image. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into a particular type of software. Maybe even someone on the forum has skills.

Need plate.pngNeed plate.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't Hollywood LOL. That stuff only works in the movies and on TV.

It appears like the camera is set on default settings, so it will wash out the plate.

Would have had a better chance with a faster shutter that would have darkened the image or a color version since the car isn't moving.

I darkened the image but just too much washout.

You could try Topaz Labs: AI Image Quality Software but I doubt they could do anything either.

PLATE.jpg

cage123au

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well at least you tried and I thank you for that...I'll be looking into rectifying this in the future. Have asked my Hikvision contact I use to suggest a camera I can install AND suggest the right settings to make this easier in the future.

I will give Spielberg a ring later today as well, see what he can do.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think a camera next to that or on that fence facing the drive being run in color would get you those plates.

Or running a faster shutter like 1/120 may take enough of the IR hotness off a reflective plate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Forensic software is available that can analyze multiple frames say 30-100 and grab viable pixels from each. I have no idea whether it can work for your capture or what something like that costs.