Another day, another drug deal.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Even toggling to day mode might work quickly in a lit parking lot.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That's an asinine statement. Aside from the driver, you can clearly see and identify both passengers and the suspected buyer. Had this been a serious crime such a murder, the video alone would be more than enough evidence to convict.

As a side note, to get LPR at night you need a dedicated camera that is completely useless for anything other than LPR.
But it was drugs, which shouldn't even be illegal, I'd love to see someone try to defend their alcohol use and show how it's completely innocent vs drug use, hahahahaha.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Even toggling to day mode might work quickly in a lit parking lot.
That's how I do it with my Huisun cameras using Blue Iris. I dedicated one of my 20 presets to Preset 95. I call up the menu and switch to day mode. It works for me the majority of times. It's slightly faster than logging into the camera.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But it was drugs, which shouldn't even be illegal, I'd love to see someone try to defend their alcohol use and show how it's completely innocent vs drug use, hahahahaha.
Whether it was drugs or not is irrelevant for nbstl68's LPR argument.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bottom line no LPR, no identification. Provide the cops w LPR AND the vid of good facial recognition then tyey can do something about it at least follow up on someone (vehicle owner) to run record for proirs and maybe set up a watch. Without it you tell them you have a couple of guys doing who knows what in an unknown car = no follow up.
Nothing "asinine", just how it would work if you called that in and the added value of having the plate #.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bottom line no LPR, no identification. Provide the cops w LPR AND the vid of good facial recognition then tyey can do something about it at least follow up on someone (vehicle owner) to run record for proirs and maybe set up a watch. Without it you tell them you have a couple of guys doing who knows what in an unknown car = no follow up.
Nothing "asinine", just how it would work if you called that in and the added value of having the plate #.
Lol, Do you say the same thing for cameras inside a convenient store where folks can walk to the location? Or with respect to those folks who walk up and down the street with backpacks at 3am? Like I said, the cops in these towns know all the clowns...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess if they know the people and this is a "bad" area with the same repeat offenders,...just saying in most instances, and from my experience, cops won't follow up and would typically not know just faces so without a plate they could not do much in such a scenario. Dudes doing drugs in many cities are a dime a dozen...you call the po and say, "hey, there are a couple of Hispanic dudes maybe doing drugs in a car I got on video", well, that's a pretty broad descriptuon, so unless they can get there while it is happening, (and in this case maybe so since it sounds like he was watching it live, if he'd called the po) the video is not of much use to them if the perps are gone and also not well known

The above made point though of stolen plate \ car being a higher possibility could make the plate ID discussion irrelevant anyway.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah but a description with even a stolen plate still gives them probable cause for a stop if they're found in the area later.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update: I saw on our neighborhood Facebook page that 3 fishing rods were stolen out of the back of a pickup sometime that evening. What's strapped to the top of the SUV? 3 fishing rods.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Geeze! Good catch!

See what I did there? "Catch"? :p
Yeah, my wife does not think I'm all that funny either.

Fishing rods -> Craigslist -> cash -> more drugs....or maybe just get high and go fishing?