Anonymous login

Bradfm

n3wb
Reaction score
I just updated to 5.7.7.16 and I can now no longer access ui3 anonymously. Anonymous account is active and web server is checked. Non-LAN setting is confirmed. When I enter the IP address and port sitting in local network, I get prompted for username and password by the browser (not blue iris login screen). My bookmarked link in my browser was not changed prior to update. I also restarted the host PC to no avail.

Thank you for any help.
Brad

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) In the upper left edge of BI select the gear.

2) Then in the popup screen select 'Web Server'.

3) In the bottom right of the Blue Iris Settings popup select "Advanced'.

4) On the right side of the 'Web Sever - Advanced' popup in the 'Limit access by IP address' enter the IP address of the computer/s needing access to UI3 preceded by a carrot. (^192.168.1.155 as an example).

5) OK out of the two screens.

Now when accessing UI3, with your browser, there will be no login required. The screen will open displaying your cameras.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
If you add an asterisk (^192.168.0.*) it will open for any device connecting from that subnet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
From BI's built-in "Help" file (the big "?" at upper left), found at "Other Advanced Web Server Topics" => "Limit IP Addresses"..........

"^ (the caret)......... allow this address without authentication using the account ‘admin’; this account must exist and it must be enabled (use caution here)."

The entire section above is chock full of info regarding authentication.

Bradfm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, saw another update was released. Applied the update and the problem is is now resolved.

Thanks!