Annke c1200, any good?

spanx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple of Annke C800 (old model) bullitstyle ip cams. At the moment I'm looking voor an upgrade. Annke has the c1200 and I am wondering if it's also a Hikvision model just like the old c800.

I flashed the old model c800 with the hikvision one but I can't find if the c1200 is flashable and wich hikvision model it is....

Can anyone help me? It's the best bang for buck at €70 and 12mp

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple of Annke C800 (old model) bullitstyle ip cams. At the moment I'm looking voor an upgrade. Annke has the c1200 and I am wondering if it's also a Hikvision model just like the old c800.

I flashed the old model c800 with the hikvision one but I can't find if the c1200 is flashable and wich hikvision model it is....

Can anyone help me? It's the best bang for buck at €70 and 12mp
Hi @spanx

What are the Annke C1200 specs ?

spanx

n3wb
Reaction score
4mp is too low quality and I need a bullit cam....

I have lots of light and 70€ is my budget

spanx

n3wb
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HA - 12MP on a 1/2.7" sensor that is designed for 2MP will mean it needs 6 times more light at night to produce the same brightness as the 2MP on the same size sensor. My 2MP will kick its butt all night long.

That is a budget camera. You get what you pay for.

Chase sensor size not MP.

You want a camera on the ideal MP/sensor ratio:

1702500883564.png

The camera Looney posted is available in bullet.

Most have found that 4MP is more than sufficient for surveillance cameras.

The cheapest highest MP on the ideal MP/sensor ratio is this one at 8MP on the 1/1.2" sensor:

Chase sensor size and focal length, not MP

spanx

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My use case is different, I need 4k pixels and have enough light. Very good lighting conditions.

Close up is not the problem but I am aiming also some objects in the background that needs to have as much resolution as can.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My use case is different, I need 4k pixels and have enough light. Very good lighting conditions.

Close up is not the problem but I am aiming also some objects in the background that needs to have as much resolution as can.
Hi @spanx

We would need to know more about your use case .. objects, distance of camera to the object, .. and so forth.

In general, more megapixels and smaller sensors are not at good in low light conditions, which is an important consideration for most of the security camera needs for many of us.

A cheap high megapixel camera may not meet the performance requirements for many of us.

Probably best to buy it and try it out for your situation.

note:
12MP on a 1/2.7" sensor ..

1702502906242.png

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember these cameras are not like the digital zoom on TV.

You can get away with a little in ideal conditions, but not much.

Here was a thread of a person complaining that the 8MP didn't look that much better than the 3MP camera on a still shot in bright sunlight when digital zoomed.

Maybe your use case really can get away with it with inferior MP/sensor combinations, but nobody here would choose that camera for mission critical IDENTIFY type applications.

spanx

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is aimed at my driveway and front door. But the current camera also captures (a bit) of the parking lot across my house. That parking lot is well lit but the current c800 is not sharp enough to make out the license plate when driving by. Of course only in negative situations would I need to review the license plates for the police.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is aimed at my driveway and front door. But the current camera also captures (a bit) of the parking lot across my house. That parking lot is well lit but the current c800 is not sharp enough to make out the license plate when driving by. Of course only in negative situations would I need to review the license plates for the police.
Hi @spanx

Please see the DORI section of the cliff notes ..

for license plates iirc you need about 60 ppf ( pixel per foot ) and close to a straight on image capture to be able to read a plate during the day .. see the ID distance equation, and use 60 instead of 100 ppf .. note, you can convert it to metric also ..

PHILka.RU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The picture at night is good on this camera. It's hard for a phone to increase 12 mp in hik-connect :) better take a closer look at the AN-I91DB0102 camera, it has a good price now

photo_2024-02-29_10-31-16.jpg

Last edited: