Andy what is the latest best firmware for my new SD8A820WA-HNF Dahau speed dome?

Reaction score
I have V2.810.0000001.2.R.F.2034.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-22 right now and I am having trouble setting the camera using the camera's interface. at first Avast professional was saying that it contained a virus and refused to install the active x software, after Avast fixed it windows 10 is stopping it with the same warning. as you know each screen in the setup uses the activex software but somethings I can setup without it but not pzt and events,
BTW the other two cameras you sent do not have that issue

thanks Mike web active alert.PNGwebcomponets error.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is an issue with your system, not the camera.

You need to un-quarantine that file and override it.

And then exempt that file from the Avast scan.

Reaction score
This is an issue with your system, not the camera.

You need to un-quarantine that file and override it.

And then exempt that file from the Avast scan.
avast cleared it but now windows defender stops it and It is not enabled as avast in my antivirus

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then you exempt it from Windows Defender as well.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two of these cameras and would like to know what the latest software version is, incase I want to update . Andy????

Edit: I did find this one on the Dahua website. DH_SD-Fafnir_MultiLang_NP_Stream3-NormalV2_V2.810.0000001.2.R.191122

Here is a link to the web page. SD8A820WA-HNF (dahuasecurity.com)

You have to click on download.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
There is no upgrade now, i will ask them if have any new one soon.
SD-Fafnir_MultiLang_PN_Stream3-NormalV2_V2.810.0000001.2.R.191122.zip

Reaction score
Me, myself and I would stop using Avast move to something else. My 2 cents.
well I have been using avast pro for over 15 years, it is far better than mccrappy, norton and windoze pretender and since they exempted it, I can't blame them. I have 20 cameras with 7 of them being Dahua that had no issues setting up and running the webcomponent it must be unique to this interface and or camera

last night I tried installing it the active x on my macbook amd after giving it permission to install it, I got a message that it installed successfully than you have to sign in again and when you do it starts all over again. my guess is the file it is downloading from the camera may be defective.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well I have been using avast pro for over 15 years, it is far better than mccrappy, norton and windoze pretender and since they exempted it, I can't blame them. I have 20 cameras with 7 of them being Dahua that had no issues setting up and running the webcomponent it must be unique to this interface and or camera

last night I tried installing it the active x on my macbook amd after giving it permission to install it, I got a message that it installed successfully than you have to sign in again and when you do it starts all over again. my guess is the file it is downloading from the camera may be defective.
If you have the BI computer dedicated solely to BI, you don't browse the internet from that computer, as you shouldn't, your using a VPN to access remotely, you don't get email on that machine, no ports forwarded, all you need is Defender.

Reaction score
figured out a way to access the camera's webpage you have to use Chrome and download and install NCAL web plugin
NACL.PNG
when it's done start the app and enter the camera's ip address and you are good to go
web access.PNG

interesting to note that after installing this I have the same problem accessing hikvision cameras