Android Apps + Hikvision On-Camera Motion Detection?

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are there any Android apps out there that play well with Hikvision's on-camera motion detection? I've been a user of Tinycam Monitor (Pro) until my recent purchase of a HK 2032. Alas, the developer says his app won't be supporting this (brand's camera-driven alerts) anytime soon.

I'm thinking that I'd like to pick up an older 1st generation Nexus 7 tablet just to watch the streams (of this, future additions). I don't presently have an NVR solution and need an audible alert to draw my attention to the motion of the otherwise ignored feed. The 2032's ability to designate a selective portion of the screen for motion detection is what I'm attempting to leverage here, so I suppose if there's another Android app that performs the same task (instead of evaluating the entire image for movement) that'd do as well.

Thoughts?

---
Sometimes it's great to reuse Android devices for these purposes, like this phone someone tossed me:

2014-09-27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have your tried hikvisions ivms app, i think it has an option for push notifications...

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
have your tried hikvisions ivms app, i think it has an option for push notifications...
I was under the impression that the app interfaces with the PC-NVR software, although I'm just beginning to delve into the HK software offerings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The app can be used directly with the camera...no need for the pc software for it to work.

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, having mixed results with the iVMS-4500 app on my Nexus 5.

1 - Getting some kind of error when attempting to enable alerts
2 - In landscape orientation (to hide the rest of the UI) the 4:3 aspect ratio is lost, stretching the image

Edit:
The alternative iVMS-4500HD (locked into landscape for tablets) at least allows me to enable the notifications, but didn't actually alert when I tested by walking across the camera.
Honestly this app seems like a pass.

So... still searching.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey nomad, did you check via any other means that motion was detected from the camera and should have triggered the alarm?

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you check via any other means that motion was detected from the camera and should have triggered the alarm?
I'll need to verify with a quick/temp PC-based NVR install to ensure the on-camera motion detection is alerting as it should, as I'm still at a loss (still hunting) for an Android app that can actually perform this function.

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Perhaps try connecting to the device from a windows web browser, there is an analytical function which will show you where motion is detected, or set an email alert to trigger when motion is detected.