Android app skips over alerts during playback from the "Alerts>All By Time" pane.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having trouble playing back alerts from the Android app, and I'd like to find out whether others are seeing the same behavior.

First off, let me say I'm not a huge fan of the changes in how the Alerts window works since the recent changes that split the window into "New By Camera" and "All By Time". My expectation would be that when playing back from the "All By Time" pane, navigating to an earlier clip would display the next earlier clip chronologically, regardless of which camera it was recorded by, not an earlier clip from the same camera.

The problem that I'm having is that navigating to an earlier clip often jumps over one or more alert clips from the selected camera.

Environment: Latest BI and Android app.
BI version 4.2.8.5
Android app version 2.0.23

Problem: Android app skips over alerts during playback from the "Alerts>All By Time" pane.

Steps to reproduce:
1) In Android app, go to the menu and tap "Alert" and then tap on a clip under "All By Time". Clip plays.
2) In BI Console, click on camera window for the camera that created the above clip, then click on the "Alerts" and "Selected camera only" icons in the "CLIPS" pane. You should end up with the "CLIPS" pane displaying a list all of the alerts for the selected camera.
3) In the Android app, swipe from left to right to go to an earlier clip. Another alert clip from the same camera that recorded the clip selected in step 1 is played. Look at the time displayed at the top of the playback window to see whether it matches the next earlier clip, as shown by the BI console.
4) Repeat step 3 above, until you see a clip that is earlier that the clip you would expect based on the clips listed in the BI console.
5) In the Android app, swipe from right to left to go to a later clip. A clip that was skipped over plays.