An LPR success story

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A plug for IPcamtalk on one of those interviews would have been hilarious...haha.
That will be in the follow-up story when they come back to talk to him and his neighbor about the case and he can mention us and the horrible plates TN is going to LOL.

They will do a whole story just on his testing of the different IR!

Reaction score
Latest update: unless my neighbor and I hear something different today, it looks like we'll be in court tomorrow morning for the trial of Austin Homeister (the felon caught with the handgun). Larry Rizzo has been moved to an Oct. 14 date, and his court appearance is now listed as "Settlement" as opposed to "Trial". To my knowledge, neither has made bail and both are still guests of the county sheriff.

My neighbor and I speculate that Mr. Rizzo is taking a plea bargain and has flipped on his co-defendant. That probably means he'll also give up whoever has been buying the stolen catalytic converters. This could lead to a major bust in either Kentucky or Tennessee before all is said and done. Hopefully we will learn more in court tomorrow.

jayden.donaldson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Latest update: unless my neighbor and I hear something different today, it looks like we'll be in court tomorrow morning for the trial of Austin Homeister (the felon caught with the handgun). Larry Rizzo has been moved to an Oct. 14 date, and his court appearance is now listed as "Settlement" as opposed to "Trial". To my knowledge, neither has made bail and both are still guests of the county sheriff.

My neighbor and I speculate that Mr. Rizzo is taking a plea bargain and has flipped on his co-defendant. That probably means he'll also give up whoever has been buying the stolen catalytic converters. This could lead to a major bust in either Kentucky or Tennessee before all is said and done. Hopefully we will learn more in court tomorrow.
I promise not all of us from Louisville are assholes like them. Courts and police need to focus on the people buying the cats. Hope he snitches

Reaction score
I promise not all of us from Louisville are assholes like them. Courts and police need to focus on the people buying the cats. Hope he snitches
Let's hope Mr. Rizzo does flip and give them up. Nashville has had more than 1000 catalytic converter thefts in 2022 alone. With luck this arrest will at least make a dent.

Reaction score
I just got back from court. Mr. Homeister and Mr. Rizzo both made bond. Mr. Homeister failed to appear in court this morning (surprise!). We were told that no deal had been made with either, and that the intention was to try them as co-defendants. They will probably be scheduled together for Oct. 14 (Mr. Rizzo's next court date), at which point I expect that neither will appear, and arrest warrants will be issued for both.

The assistant DA said that it could be several months, or even sometime next year, before my neighbor and I are subpoenaed to appear again. And of course that will be predicated on whether they are in custody. By now they're back in Kentucky, and I doubt they'll be visiting Tennessee anytime in the near future.

So it's not a particularly satisfactory conclusion, but if nothing else they were caught and identified. They will probably wind up with fugitive warrants, and at some point I might be back in court. At least they and their friends may think twice before visiting my street again.

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got back from court. Mr. Homeister and Mr. Rizzo both made bond. Mr. Homeister failed to appear in court this morning (surprise!). We were told that no deal had been made with either, and that the intention was to try them as co-defendants. They will probably be scheduled together for Oct. 14 (Mr. Rizzo's next court date), at which point I expect that neither will appear, and arrest warrants will be issued for both.

The assistant DA said that it could be several months, or even sometime next year, before my neighbor and I are subpoenaed to appear again. And of course that will be predicated on whether they are in custody. By now they're back in Kentucky, and I doubt they'll be visiting Tennessee anytime in the near future.

So it's not a particularly satisfactory conclusion, but if nothing else they were caught and identified. They will probably wind up with fugitive warrants, and at some point I might be back in court. At least they and their friends may think twice before visiting my street again.
They probably made bail because there is typically a bond reduction hearing about a week after they are incarcerated. If no one shows up to contest their bond reduction, they have a good chance of a reduction. Your neighbor should have been given notice of this hearing, and show up. Lesson learned, Always show up for the bond reduction hearing so these scumbags do not get out on bail. I have first hand experience with this. Without a bond reduction and your great video evidence, these scumbags would most likely plead guilty (recommendation of public defender) and be serving time. BTW, great job on your part!

Reaction score
They probably made bail because there is typically a bond reduction hearing about a week after they are incarcerated. If no one shows up to contest their bond reduction, they have a good chance of a reduction. Your neighbor should have been given notice of this hearing, and show up. Lesson learned, Always show up for the bond reduction hearing so these scumbags do not get out on bail. I have first hand experience with this. Without a bond reduction and your great video evidence, these scumbags would most likely plead guilty (recommendation of public defender) and be serving time. BTW, great job on your part!
They might very well have had a bond reduction hearing that my neighbor heard nothing about. But if so, it was done very quickly. They were incarcerated early Tuesday morning, and were apparently out on bail by Friday. Unfortunately the Labor Day weekend did not help with the communication from the DA's office.

I also doubt very much that anyone has seen any of the video evidence yet, on either the prosecution or defense side. The DA's assistant was under the impression that I had physically witnessed the crime.