An idea, adding a drone into our security system

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
For a while I had this idea, but I don't know if it is out there(something very expensive there is), it is possible to achieve on the budget?!
It would be very cool, to have, specially if you already have a drone laying around.
Imagine a camera senses motion, and the drone would go there to see what is going on.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cool idea, but a bit of a gimmick that only rich people would get! Maybe add a pi zero with programming, gps and use your other cameras as detection or other sensors to make it go to the location. They probably have a patent on it already, so you can't do it :(.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ring had something like that I think. Think it was just a little indoor thing though.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Someday the tech will be good and affordable. I dream of a dispatchable drone that can respond automatically to unusual noises or visual events, with the ability to follow some distance and return home to charge.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So just imagine,,, one drunk door checker, and then imagine listening to an armada of 15 of your neighbors Home drones competing for airspace on the drunk guy.
Or what if thieves develop countermeasures, like sawed off shotguns. or Jammers.
Now maybe you need body armored-antijamming drones. ( with Johnny's J's optional magnetic Grenade option)
I Suppose in the future you will see a patrol car with a Drone " Helipad" on the roof/trunk. ( with Tear gas option) :love:
shutterstock_709014991-1024x683.jpg

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this for a very long time as I have seen something similar done before. I shared this same information last year as to what I observed because it was pretty cool. Generally speaking what they did was make a dedicated hatch door somewhere on the property / home.

If and when any of the defined thresholds like perimeter breach what have you was met.

The first iteration of this used some kind of propellant which expanded very quickly and whatever gas was injected made this large balloon fill up and float. A camera was mounted to a platform and secured to guide wires (didn't work too well) to limit sway.

Regardless, this allowed a very high mounted camera system but the obvious failings of no control, being able to point the system in the direction intended etc. As the so called drone industry evolved the same concept was adopted and used and the basic principle didn't change.

But instead of a balloon, mounting plate, and camera, the entire thing was enclosed into a what we all know as a drone. The biggest difference in this 2nd / 4th generation of high altitude video security is that they mounted 4~8 cameras to the drone and it was tethered to a power line so it would never run out of power. Given it was a drone vehicle they obviously could move it around if needed but since it had 4~8 cameras there wasn't a real need to pan around.

I can say the what ever iteration of the dispensing housing was pretty impressive. As they updated the thing to use high tension springs vs compressed air / gas. When the whole thing was released it shot out of the roof / housing like a missile!

Which by the way necessitated the need for the top of the unit to have a pointed hat which unfurled to be used as arelons (sp) wings?!?

Anyways, I want to build a box and place it on my property and mimic this simple yet effective design.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Dropping bombs like in Ukraine.
The Ukrainians have been very successful in using small to large drones in this war. If there is any doubt the real threat these flying vehicles can pose on and off the battle field.

It's gone now . . .

Now, everyone who just wants to have fun and be compliant will be taking it in the ass and won't be able to buy, fly, or use them - Coming to a city near you law! :angry: