AMD cpus recommended for Blue Iris machine

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Apology, I just spotted this inquiry to my comment in the thread. Yes, I am using substreams, yes, direct to disk, running two Dahua fixed focal (Loryta) 5442 at 15 FPS and 2560 x 1440 and one Dahua Loryta Varifocal 2MP Starlight at 1920 x 1080 @ 15FPS.

I run three cams full time and have bought a couple more cams, not yet installed in their permanent home. Running 5 cams with similar resolution/fps to above I am in the 12% CPU range and using a little less than 4 GB RAM.

I am not advocating the Ryzen over Intel, just mentioning it is working well with no issues. I am just starting to delve into customizing the settings.

Glassdome

n3wb
Reaction score
Apology, I just spotted this inquiry to my comment in the thread. Yes, I am using substreams, yes, direct to disk, running two Dahua fixed focal (Loryta) 5442 at 15 FPS and 2560 x 1440 and one Dahua Loryta Varifocal 2MP Starlight at 1920 x 1080 @ 15FPS.

I run three cams full time and have bought a couple more cams, not yet installed in their permanent home. Running 5 cams with similar resolution/fps to above I am in the 12% CPU range and using a little less than 4 GB RAM.

I am not advocating the Ryzen over Intel, just mentioning it is working well with no issues. I am just starting to delve into customizing the settings.
Hi there. Sorry to ask what may be a bit of a noobie question, but how do you run sub streams to get the CPU down? Whats the setting for this? I am running an i7 but get high cpu counts; 16gb ram and 7 dahua cameras - 4ptz

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there. Sorry to ask what may be a bit of a noobie question, but how do you run sub streams to get the CPU down? Whats the setting for this? I am running an i7 but get high cpu counts; 16gb ram and 7 dahua cameras - 4ptz
I7 means nothing - what CPU Gen is it? But regardless if it is a 3rd generation or higher it should have no trouble with seven 4MP cams using substreams.