Amcrest Surveillance Pro v2: all cameras offline?

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
I stupidly upgraded to ASP v2 (can't find anywhere it says more precisely) on Windows 10. I does look better (though I don't love dark-mode UIs). It didn't keep my existing devices as promised, but I don't care as there aren't that many.

So far I've added 4 cameras at 2 remote locations, and it's showing them all offline. But they're still working on my phone (Amcrest View Pro). I had earlier installed ASP v2 on a friend's machine (no existing ASP) and it worked okay for their 2 cameras, doing nothing but adding the cameras to the list of devices.

Is there some extra setting I need to make this work on my Windows PC? The cameras are all IPM-721, and all are connecting using P2P (S/N).

Thanks.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My guess would be you mis-typed the p2p serial number. Maybe caps lock? I sometimes looks like 1, 0 sometimes looks like O. I would go to the Amcrest View Pro app and export the configuration and then email it to yourself and import on the Windows app. It builds a QR code so is convoluted. Once in you can export on the windows app which builds an XML file that is readable.

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. It's possible but I've done 4 cameras and all are offline (but online on my phone). I even retyped them in all caps (though in ASP v1 some cameras were upper case letters and some were lower case).

I'll try the method you suggested, but I'm confident I got at least one of the serial numbers correct. :)

BTW I noticed in the ASP manual it says IP is recommended over P2P, and don't see any instructions for P2P at all. That seems more than "recommending" IP, and I think it's bad form to include functionality in the software but not document it. If I'm overlooking it, I apologize.

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
And sorry, where do I export the configuration from AVP? I can't find it anywhere.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AVP is a port of dmss ( I thought) I found it in dmss but am having a problem with AVP. I might have spoken out of turn. Still trying though.

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, don't go to too great lengths. If I can get the cameras online I'll configure them manually if I have to. BTW I don't think S/Ns have "O" (oh) only "0" (zero). Closest thing to confusion is at least one has W and at least one has VV but I'm good with typography and also tried one with neither. :)

I do like the functionality of the new version (except the lack of functionality to see the cameras).

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess that I struck out :-( Amcrest forums were completely not useful. That is why I am phasing out amcrest for Dahua. Good luck!

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your effort, I truly appreciate it. We have lots of IPM-721 in the extended family but have never gone higher (came from Foscam 480p). We actually need fewer than in the past (for reasons that are not very happy) but if I ever buy another tabletop PT(Z) it will probably not be Amcrest. The people have been good when I've interacted with them directly, but support otherwise has been poor. Hoping this forum will make things better (I think the brand-specific Amcrest sub-forum is relatively new, at least for me).

Of course I'm saying that the day I lost access to all my cameras. Maybe when ASP v2 is working for me, I'll be so happy I'll be shopping Amcrest again. We have short memories. :)

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Read through this thread. You are not the only one with the ASP V2 P2P remote camera problem. Maybe you will find a clue there.

You could also try using a local VPN at the remote LAN, or port forwarding in the remote router if acceptable to you.

YOW

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I've read that thread but don't understand half of it, and what I do understand seems to be questions more than answers.

I'm able to uninstall ASP v2 and install ASP v1, but then it asks for a password which I don't remember :(. It doesn't seem to be the password I set for ASP v2, is there some way to remove the record of a password and do a completely clean install of ASP v1?