Resource icon

Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows) V2.003.00AC000.0.R.200426

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installed this - just a newer version of SmartPSS (which I enjoy and appreciate) but see no differences in actual use yet. The release notes show a few differences that I may tinker with eventually.
I'm a little ticked that every machine I have installed ANY version of the SmartPSS on has forced itself to be the default player for any of my .mp4 files though.
Usually no big deal as you can right click on any .mp4 then choose "open with" and pick another default program to open them with. But still - unnecessary and you should fix it.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not yet used SmartPSS or Amcrest Surv software. Does this work for any model cameras or only Dahua and Dahua rebrands?

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have not yet used SmartPSS or Amcrest Surv software. Does this work for any model cameras or only Dahua and Dahua rebrands?
This version has P2P compatibility with Amcrest cameras so we recommend to only use Amcrest devices for Surveillance Pro. Although Dahua cameras may work, it will only have local access connectivity and also limited setting configurations.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI, on another new 841 which I picked up just last week (this one is a POE version) last night there was something odd that happened (could have been a POE glitch - who knows) and the cam moved off of it's preset-10 position by about 20 degrees.
Every position was compromised by the same offset and when I have seen this in the past, I would just unplug the power and it would reset after "homing" (locating 0,0 on the x,y axis) and all positions would be just fine.
My POE switch is next to me so I unplugged the Cat5e cable for about 30 seconds and it apparently did the 0,0 reset BUT oddly, it chose to go to Preset-03, similar to the situation I had with the first 841 cam.
This is leading me to believe that possibly I was having a minor power interruption problem with SmartPSS and other softwares which caused that cam to move to preset03.
Regardless, I will be resetting all of my 841 models most favored position to Preset03 from now on.

Last edited:

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
- Scaling on a 4K monitor (set to 200%) has the same bug as Dahua SmartPSS where the bottom edge is cutoff.

Attachments

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Still crashes when switching between single view and multi camera - it just closes itself.