Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@GaryOkie, yeah still gets the username/password prompt the first time.

djschny

n3wb
Reaction score
Good find. Do you know if they've confirmed that it will work via RTSP?
I was excited to read this until I pulled up the specs to find it is only 15fps both at main stream and sub stream :(. A step backwards from the 30fps on the AD110 IMO

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, all. I've discovered that the doorbell press results in the speaker volume set to 0. I'd like to automate resetting the speaker volume to 100 immediately following a press event. That would allow me to use DMSS or Amcrest View Pro to conduct a call with the doorbell soon after receiving the push event to my phone.

I'm not running Home Automation or anything of the like presently and I don't think I'll be purchasing Blue Iris.

Can someone recommend a free, lightweight solution that would allow my PC to subscribe to the doorbell press event on the AD110 and then launch a process to reset the speaker volume? I considered writing a powershell script that will use the HTTP API to poll specific settings every few seconds with a getConfig and then react with a setConfig to restore the value I want, but this seems very inefficient to me. I've heard that ONVIF event subscriptions are possible and that there is even an event (or two) associated with the doorbell press, but I'm not sure where to get the libraries I need to leverage ONVIF subscriptions in something of my own design. Thanks in advance!

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, all. I've discovered that the doorbell press results in the speaker volume set to 0. I'd like to automate resetting the speaker volume to 100 immediately following a press event. That would allow me to use DMSS or Amcrest View Pro to conduct a call with the doorbell soon after receiving the push event to my phone.

I'm not running Home Automation or anything of the like presently and I don't think I'll be purchasing Blue Iris.

Can someone recommend a free, lightweight solution that would allow my PC to subscribe to the doorbell press event on the AD110 and then launch a process to reset the speaker volume? I considered writing a powershell script that will use the HTTP API to poll specific settings every few seconds with a getConfig and then react with a setConfig to restore the value I want, but this seems very inefficient to me. I've heard that ONVIF event subscriptions are possible and that there is even an event (or two) associated with the doorbell press, but I'm not sure where to get the libraries I need to leverage ONVIF subscriptions in something of my own design. Thanks in advance!
That should not happen, have you tried factory resetting?

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Bitslizer yes, I’ve tried resets. Perhaps it’s the firmware version I’m on. Does anyone’s AD110 actually allow a bell press to be answered? I’m under the impression that the talk feature fails in SmartHome regardless of app or firmware version. I thought I was ahead of the curve being able to receive bell press push to phone and then conduct call from other apps after resetting output volume (by way of a failed talk attempt in SH).

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Bitslizer yes, I’ve tried resets. Perhaps it’s the firmware version I’m on. Does anyone’s AD110 actually allow a bell press to be answered? I’m under the impression that the talk feature fails in SmartHome regardless of app or firmware version. I thought I was ahead of the curve being able to receive bell press push to phone and then conduct call from other apps after resetting output volume (by way of a failed talk attempt in SH).
Works fine for me

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

why would u think this was common for this doorbell, and not a flaw?

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
why would u think this was common for this doorbell, and not a flaw?
There’s an abundance of owners reporting “failed to talk” errors from SH and being unable to answer. Until recently, I was always able to answer calls by using the talk feature in two other apps instead of SmartHome.

Only recently did the speaker volume begin to reset to zero on bell press. Trying to “talk” in SH resets the value. I didn’t realize that’s what was happening and that’s how I was “restoring the ability to talk in the other apps” until I compared configure values before and after the press and talk attempts.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow. You’re the first I’ve seen report no issues with answering a call. Are you running any NVR or VMS with it, or just using SmartHome and nothing else? Also... which firmware? Thanks.
I do run it 24/7 with a Dahua OEM NVR, was a Amcrest 4108-HS, now a Speco 16 port POE 4KS2 NVR both with no issue.

I do not Tweak setting via NVR or DMSS, I have found that can easily severely mess up the doorbell requiring a factory reset to fix. not even bitrate or fps and such. since you are using another app to "talk" I hope you aren't tweaking settings via that app

All my configuration and doorbell related (answer/talk/listen) are all using the SH app, NVR only pull the RTSP/MD

Firmware 1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922

Last edited:

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do run it 24/7 with a Dahua OEM NVR, was a Amcrest 4108-HS, now a Speco 16 port POE 4KS2 NVR both with no issue.

I do not Tweak setting via NVR or DMSS, I have found that can easily severely mess up the doorbell requiring a factory reset to fix. not even bitrate or fps and such. since you are using another app to "talk" I hope you aren't tweaking settings via that app

All my configuration and doorbell related (answer/talk/listen) are all using the SH app, NVR only pull the RTSP/MD

Firmware 1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922
Thanks for the info.

My NVR is also Dahua OEM so it’s using the private protocol to talk to the cam.

I haven’t changed any encoding settings since the last factory reset but I did lose motion detection out of the clear blue sky one day and then restored it by reenabling it through the desktop Amcrest View Pro. I also set the weekly reboot to never and changed the NTP and daylight savings values to match everything else I own.

I’m now also running Blue Iris using the AD110 RTSP profile and find that every time BI starts up, the lighting mode changes from Off (which was set that way through the HTTP API) to SmartLight. That same change from Off to SmartLight also happens on button press while CallNoAnswered=Start but reverts back to its previous value when CallNoAnswered returns to Stop.

I’m hesitant to try the firmware update, especially considering that people in the “can’t answer a call” threads report their problem continues after resetting and upgrading to the latest firmware.

Do you have a cloud subscription or a memory card installed? I have neither.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No cloud but do have SD card. Try a factory reset without changing "anything" from the nvr or BI. It worked fine for me even on older firmware as long as I only change things from the SH app.

SD card is needed since I don't have a cloud subscription

Thanks for the info.

My NVR is also Dahua OEM so it’s using the private protocol to talk to the cam.

I haven’t changed any encoding settings since the last factory reset but I did lose motion detection out of the clear blue sky one day and then restored it by reenabling it through the desktop Amcrest View Pro. I also set the weekly reboot to never and changed the NTP and daylight savings values to match everything else I own.

I’m now also running Blue Iris using the AD110 RTSP profile and find that every time BI starts up, the lighting mode changes from Off (which was set that way through the HTTP API) to SmartLight. That same change from Off to SmartLight also happens on button press while CallNoAnswered=Start but reverts back to its previous value when CallNoAnswered returns to Stop.

I’m hesitant to try the firmware update, especially considering that people in the “can’t answer a call” threads report their problem continues after resetting and upgrading to the latest firmware.

Do you have a cloud subscription or a memory card installed? I have neither.

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No cloud but do have SD card. Try a factory reset without changing "anything" from the nvr or BI. It worked fine for me even on older firmware as long as I only change things from the SH app.

SD card is needed since I don't have a cloud subscription
Just did a reset and this time during setup I chose to skip the chime setup (was mechanical previously). On first test, bell press produced a call I could answer from smart home, but no chime inside and Alexa didn’t tell me anyone was at the door either. I’ll recheck the Alexa skill. If I can get her to work, then I can leave the chime disabled.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just did a reset and this time during setup I chose to skip the chime setup (was mechanical previously). On first test, bell press produced a call I could answer from smart home, but no chime inside and Alexa didn’t tell me anyone was at the door either. I’ll recheck the Alexa skill. If I can get her to work, then I can leave the chime disabled.
You can still enable chime in SH new app can adjust the duration (for digital)

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just used SH to change doorbell chime volume from Loud to Mute and now talk feature is not working again, and Echo Show reports it's not responding (it was working after the reset). Setting it back to Loud took multiple attempts because the app's slider bar would not respond. Setting it back to Loud did not restore anything that broke again. I'll try one more reset and leave the doorbell chime alone and see if things remain functional.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just used SH to change doorbell chime volume from Loud to Mute and now talk feature is not working again, and Echo Show reports it's not responding (it was working after the reset). Setting it back to Loud took multiple attempts because the app's slider bar would not respond. Setting it back to Loud did not restore anything that broke again. I'll try one more reset and leave the doorbell chime alone and see if things remain functional.
How quickly are you repeating the doorbell press? I found that if you push it too often within a time period, it would ignore future press.

Are you using Android or Apple? when you try, do you already have the SH app open (at least while troubleshooting). I found that sometime Android have too aggressive power saving and may put SH on "deep sleep" so basically the SH app never hear the call for the doorbell ring/talk session. Not sure about Apple.

Are you within your 1 year warranty? if yes probably just ask Amcrest to warranty your unit

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How quickly are you repeating the doorbell press? I found that if you push it too often within a time period, it would ignore future press.

Are you using Android or Apple? when you try, do you already have the SH app open (at least while troubleshooting). I found that sometime Android have too aggressive power saving and may put SH on "deep sleep" so basically the SH app never hear the call for the doorbell ring/talk session. Not sure about Apple.

Are you within your 1 year warranty? if yes probably just ask Amcrest to warranty your unit
I’m using SH on an iPhone. Trying to talk by initiating talk from SH without any button press fails. I can live with that, because I can initiate talk if I need to from DMSS and AmcrestViewPro.

Now that I’ve reset, skipped chime setup, and not adjusted the chime volume I can answer calls made by button press in the SH app.

As for the chime, after reset, the cam was identified as a new device in the Alexa app, where I was able to enable the notify-on-button-press option. Now my echo devices replace the indoor chime. The obnoxiously loud ding-dong that emits from the AD110 speaker on button press is just something I’ll have to live with to keep the important features working.