Amcrest now freezes after PTZ commands

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

My two year old Amcrest (sorry I forgot model#) is now jacked up.

It freezes (no signal, connection refused) when you send it a PTZ command. Not a single frame is sent thereafter until a few minutes later. The camera has been power cycled. It started tonight at which point I made changes on the contrast, brightness, sharpness, and changed exposure to manual (from auto) and changed shutter to 1/4th. For some reason the symptom of hanging after a PTZ command is ringing a bell, but I am not sure.

If you had a similar experience or know a solution let me know before I burn the camera on the charcoal grille.

Thanks,
Matt

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

My two year old Amcrest (sorry I forgot model#) is now jacked up.

It freezes (no signal, connection refused) when you send it a PTZ command. Not a single frame is sent thereafter until a few minutes later. The camera has been power cycled. It started tonight at which point I made changes on the contrast, brightness, sharpness, and changed exposure to manual (from auto) and changed shutter to 1/4th. For some reason the symptom of hanging after a PTZ command is ringing a bell, but I am not sure.

If you had a similar experience or know a solution let me know before I burn the camera on the charcoal grille.

Thanks,
Matt
Have tried setting it back to factory defaults?
Maybe take it down and see if something is binding when it tries to move.
Are you certain the connections to the cam have not had any water intrusion?
UPNP turned off in router and cam?
No ports forwarded?
Cam blocked by router from contacting the net?
Read the How to secure you network in the wiki at the top of the page.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any updates ?
I just noticed this thread and would like to know if you found a fix. It sounded to me like a power supply issue. If the power supply was marginal the extra current required for the positioning might brown out the processor.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It works now!
I did nothing to fix it other than rebooting it a few times. I wish I had something more helpful for others to suggest.

Springer, you have a very good point. The extra current required would of caused a switched power supply to dip out and reset. I didn't consider power supply at all.