Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI event setup

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several IP8M-T2669EW-AI cameras. I have played with the event setup quite a bit but they sometimes trigger and record almost continuously. 20 to 30 files a day.
Human and vehicle are enabled. I do want the full field covered.
What is needed to make them stop triggering for every tiny event like a bug flying across or the wind blowing?
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using IVS rules or MD and SMD?

Most of us have found IVS is much more reliable than MD/SMD.

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using IVS rules or MD and SMD?

Most of us have found IVS is much more reliable than MD/SMD.
Was using MD/SMD. Just disabled it and enabled IVS in Smart Plan.
Have not looked into setting up rules.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will find that to be much better. I rarely, rarely get a false trigger.

Simply draw a tripwire or intrusion box (if it has that) and think in 3-D, so half of an object has to cross the line. Many will do a tripwire in a zigzag mode. Usually only need 1 or two IVS rules.

This is for Dahua cams, but Amcrest is made by Dahua:

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will find that to be much better. I rarely, rarely get a false trigger.

Simply draw a tripwire or intrusion box (if it has that) and think in 3-D, so half of an object has to cross the line. Many will do a tripwire in a zigzag mode. Usually only need 1 or two IVS rules.

This is for Dahua cams, but Amcrest is made by Dahua:

Can your intrusion box be the full screen?
Isn't the whole purpose of Human and Vehicle SMD to only trigger on them and eliminate the false triggers?
Their AI that they are so proud of appears to do nothing.
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to leave some room around the sides for the camera to have time to recognize the object.

Like I said, the AI with IVS rules rock. The MD/SMD not soo much. The MD/SMD is a holdover from the days before AI and they should have got rid of it all together as it can trigger for other things.

My cameras using IVS rules NEVER triggers for shadows or bugs.

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Changed to IVS. No perimeter or rules yet.
It made a big difference during the daylight. Every file has a valid item like a car or person.
However after dark moths and bugs are attracted and any one of them flying past triggers.
Thanks

Revo2Maxx

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the distance you are setup for your camera? I ask because I have a camera about the same besides mine is active deterrence. I found that with it being installed at a greater distance to the area of interest I get less false alerts. Really bad seeing where I have it right now a Spider will set off the Alarms and I have them setup for night time only now because the kids was running though my yard in the day time to trigger it.. Really only needed it for the area to keep unwanted guest out and has worked a couple of times so far.. However a Spider building a web makes the Alarm go off. When I had it setup first week the IVS worked great with no false alerts. AOI was over 100 feet away with the Intrusion box that was about 100 to 150 feet from camera. Anyone walking outside of that area didn't set off the system and have motion turned off so no false alerts.
Again where it is right now about 10 feet from ground and view area less then 20 feet out to about 100 feet to far right even a skunk or racoon will set off the alarms. The way to cure this, is to setup the sizes of the triggered to see what I am talking about I will put in a photo if I can seeing I am new not sure.

Attachments

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey,

I know this is a cold thread but have a question for Wittaj. Are you saying to use IVS in the cam settings as your trigger over BI trigger settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

I know this is a cold thread but have a question for Wittaj. Are you saying to use IVS in the cam settings as your trigger over BI trigger settings?
That is what I do for most of my cameras.

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Wittaj! I will try that on some cams that BI triggers are not the best on. My problem is usually summer shadows from tree's swaying in the wind. I have profiles now for windy days to tunes down BI sensitivities, will set some tripwires up and give that a go.