Amcrest IP3M-954EB using Blue Iris for control

wildbilll

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got the Amcrest IP3M-954EB and set it up in Blue Iris 4. I let BI4 auto detect the camera and it works good as Make:Generic Model:RTSP H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. My problem is I cannot seem to get the BI PTZ to control the brightness, shutter, etc.
When I access these settings in the web page for the camera I can control the setting from there. I can issue the reboot device command from the PTZ selection in BI4 and that works but nothing else from the PTZ selection. I understand that the camera does not do Pan and Tilt but that seems to be where the exposure controls are.
Is there a camera profile in the PTZ/Control tab that will allow these adjustments? I am currently setting it for Amcrest H.264 and the box is checked for Use another ip/port which is set to 9292 (the port the camera is set for in the video tab).
Help is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got the Amcrest IP3M-954EB and set it up in Blue Iris 4. I let BI4 auto detect the camera and it works good as Make:Generic Model:RTSP H.265/MJPG/MPEG4. My problem is I cannot seem to get the BI PTZ to control the brightness, shutter, etc.
When I access these settings in the web page for the camera I can control the setting from there. I can issue the reboot device command from the PTZ selection in BI4 and that works but nothing else from the PTZ selection. I understand that the camera does not do Pan and Tilt but that seems to be where the exposure controls are.
Is there a camera profile in the PTZ/Control tab that will allow these adjustments? I am currently setting it for Amcrest H.264 and the box is checked for Use another ip/port which is set to 9292 (the port the camera is set for in the video tab).
Help is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum, set the control port to the http port of the camera, not the rtsp port..if that doesnt work try using the dahua profile. Also instead of auto detect try setting the camera to amcrest...do you intend to use blue iris to change exposure settings throughout the day? if not then its just the same to simply set it in the camera.

wildbilll

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, set the control port to the http port of the camera, not the rtsp port..if that doesnt work try using the dahua profile. Also instead of auto detect try setting the camera to amcrest...do you intend to use blue iris to change exposure settings throughout the day? if not then its just the same to simply set it in the camera.
OK, I have the camera set for port 9292 and I set the PTZ/Control port to be the same.
I have also set the camera profile to Dahua and Amcrest, no luck with the exposure settings.
I tried both of the Dahua profiles (H.264 and HWF2300R-Z/81200E), still no control over brighness, contrast, shutter speed, etc.
The only thing that seems to work from the PTZ menu is "Reboot device"
I want to be able to make the brightness and IR changes for day and night, sometimes I need IR on and others I like it off because the spiders like to build in front of the lens..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I have the camera set for port 9292 and I set the PTZ/Control port to be the same.
I have also set the camera profile to Dahua and Amcrest, no luck with the exposure settings.
I tried both of the Dahua profiles (H.264 and HWF2300R-Z/81200E), still no control over brighness, contrast, shutter speed, etc.
The only thing that seems to work from the PTZ menu is "Reboot device"
I want to be able to make the brightness and IR changes for day and night, sometimes I need IR on and others I like it off because the spiders like to build in front of the lens..
what is port 9292? http? rtsp? onvif? post an image of your cameras network settings.

wildbilll

n3wb
Reaction score
what is port 9292? http? rtsp? onvif? post an image of your cameras network settings.
Port 9292 is just a port I assigned to get it going. Originally I was using a Foscam 9805E in place of this, and I tried to simply use port 92 but the Amcrest camera's web interface kept telling me port 92 was being used, which it was not since the camera that was using 92 was disconnected.
There are no other devices using 9292 but this Amcrest camera.

Screen captures of the current config:
Blueiris1.jpg
Blueiris2.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Port 9292 is just a port I assigned to get it going. Originally I was using a Foscam 9805E in place of this, and I tried to simply use port 92 but the Amcrest camera's web interface kept telling me port 92 was being used, which it was not since the camera that was using 92 was disconnected.
There are no other devices using 9292 but this Amcrest camera.

Screen captures of the current config:
View attachment 10008
View attachment 10009
Understand that every device on your can work can use the same port since they all have unique ip addresses..there is no reason to change the cameras http port from the default 80...
In the ptz/control bar click the box that says use another port and see what happens.
Also try the dahua profile.

NV5A

n3wb
Reaction score
Wild bill - same issue here, please post your solution when found. Thanks.