Amcrest ASH47-W will not connect with Blue Iris-socket error

araczek

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a new Amcrest ASH47-W. I have many other Amcrest IP cameras, all running on wifi. This camera I was able to get it connected
to the SmartHome app fine. But there are lots of problems connecting this to Blue Iris. I was trying to use RTSP in VLC Media Player but I get a connection error also. I don't know the RTSP username and password.
I'd hate to return this camera, it fits my need but I am also extremely frustrated I have to keep buying cameras until one works in BI. And Amcrest support is useless, farmed out support.

Anyone at least know how I can get this camera at least viewable in VLC? At least that would give me some other app to test with.

...Alan

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the "Smart Home" type cams from Amcrest (the "ASH" prefix likely means "Amcrest Smart Home") and others do not have an embedded webGUI and must first be initialized and configured using their app, creating an account with username/password, etc.

Depending on how you plan to view/monitor the cam's video when it's in place, you might be able to stream RTSP to VLC or Blue Iris as in the link at the end. If not, your best option may be to return the cams if possible, as even Amcrest's site shows nothing that I can see on how to stream RTSP from the ASH47-W.

There are instructions for the ASH-21W BUT...you set up an account and create a username and password with their app; that's likely missing in your attempt with BI. It costs you nothing but some time to try the ASH-21W method ==>>How To Setup a Camera In Blue Iris with RTSP Support (ASH21)