AMCREST App - Setting static IP

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After jumping through some hurdles and fire with the Amcrest app I finally got it working with BI.
My problems is this cursed app. During the setup it insisted I select a SSID even though the camera is connected via ethernet. Now that I got it working this way, how do I get rid of the wifi setting.
Next, it suggested I use a static IP but I cant find anywhere to set it within the app. The only option the app gives is selecting either Static or Dynanmic. Is it expected I set the static IP within my router??
The default user is admin. When I try to override this with my username I wont allow it. Is there anywhere I can add my own?

Desperately need some help with this app

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which Amcrest cam is it?
If it's one of the "smart home" cams, it probably has no webGUI to log into.
If unable to set a static IP in the cam, note the DHCP-assigned IP it has now, log into your router and reserve that IP for that cam.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which Amcrest cam is it?
If it's one of the "smart home" cams, it probably has no webGUI to log into.
If unable to set a static IP in the cam, note the DHCP-assigned IP it has now, log into your router and reserve that IP for that cam.
Oops. I guess I forgot to put the model number in. Anyway: IP2M-841B-v3
That said. Just your mention of webGUI steered me in the right direction. Once I use that facility everything I need as fas as static IP is there. The app seems pretty useless. The web interface appears to have everything I need

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Can't change a thing using the Web interface. I click save and get a "Null is Not Allowed" error. I don't even need to make any changes. Just hit save and get this error.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oops. I guess I forgot to put the model number in. Anyway: IP2M-841B-v3
That said. Just your mention of webGUI steered me in the right direction. Once I use that facility everything I need as fas as static IP is there. The app seems pretty useless. The web interface appears to have everything I need

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Can't change a thing using the Web interface. I click save and get a "Null is Not Allowed" error. I don't even need to make any changes. Just hit save and get this error.
What browser are you using?
If the firmware is from 2019 or later then if should work with a Chromium-based browser, no plug-in needed.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What browser are you using?
If the firmware is from 2019 or later then if should work with a Chromium-based browser, no plug-in needed.
Same problem with Edge or Chrome.
I googled the error for Amcrest. Tons of links with the same issue. The workaround is to to a Reset Setting for the current page, make the changes and then Save.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same problem with Edge or Chrome.
I googled the error for Amcrest. Tons of links with the same issue. The workaround is to to a Reset Setting for the current page, make the changes and then Save.
I've got one V1 and two V3's for about 3 years and never had that issue. The firmware that works great, IMO, is:

Amcrest IP2M-841-V3 firmware.jpg

Reaction score
I've got one V1 and two V3's for about 3 years and never had that issue. The firmware that works great, IMO, is:

View attachment 191811
Are you able to change the IP address? I had the same problem a few days ago and posted in a thread the same fix as the op

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to change the IP address? I had the same problem a few days ago and posted in a thread the same fix as the op

Yep,
Although I haven't had the need I just changed the wireless from 192.168.200.205 to .210, no problem.
Lost video on BI that was looking for .205.
Logged back in on .210, changed it back to .205, video showed back up in BI.
Using Brave (Chromium-based) browser.

Reaction score
Must be an issue with newer firmware. Mine is on V2.800.0000000.3.R 8/11/22
I believe it came with the one listed as 210716 purchased 7/24/23

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Must be an issue with newer firmware. Mine is on V2.800.0000000.3.R 8/11/22
I believe it came with the one listed as 210716 purchased 7/24/23
A google search using "amcrest null not allowed" brings back many results with the same issue. Best I can tell it started sometime around Jul 2022. Anyways, I got the IP changed using the above work-around.

• Version
Software VersionV2.800.00AC004.0.R, Build Date: 2023-07-12
WEB VersionV3.2.1.18144
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1207744)
S/NAMC057FD4A2FC59269
Copyright 2021 Amcrest Technologies. All Rights Reserved.