Amcrest 4K NV4416E-AI 16CH AI NVR No Audio in Monitor

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Amcrest NV4416E-AI and am testing with a single camera before completely replacing my Hikvision NVR. I have my test camera Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-IS set up with a mic and ONVIF mode and added to the Amcrest NVR. When i use the Amcrest ViewPro app and the Amcrest app for Mac OS I can hear the audio from the test camera. I have an Insignia Amazon Fire TV connected to the HDMI from the NVR and cannot hear the audio from the camera. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with support today and they couldn't figure out what was wrong, at the end they said the HDMI doesn't send audio to a monitor, only video. Anyone know if this is true? With my Hikvision NVR the audio and video are sent to the monitor via HDMI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this will help.

Attached below are pages 48-50 of the User's Manual for your NVR and they address "How to enable audio for an IP Camera using an NVR".

Additionally, you may have to connect the NVR's female RCA "audio out" on the back of the NVR to a set of amplified PC speakers with a RCA male to 3.5mm stereo female adapter.

There may be R (red) and L (white) RCA female audio inputs on the TV but not sure if they'd be "active" when the HDMI input is selected.

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thanks Tony…yah I tried an RCA from NVR to TV and got no audio bc HDMI was selected. Ultimately I decided after playing with the Amcrest app that my Hikvision app and setup is ultimately better and will be sending the Amcrest NVR back.

Maybe this will help.

Attached below are pages 48-50 of the User's Manual for your NVR and they address "How to enable audio for an IP Camera using an NVR".

Additionally, you may have to connect the NVR's female RCA "audio out" on the back of the NVR to a set of amplified PC speakers with a RCA male to 3.5mm stereo female adapter.

There may be R (red) and L (white) RCA female audio inputs on the TV but not sure if they'd be "active" when the HDMI input is selected.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For future reference, you will find best practice and functionality is achieved when you match camera and NVR brand, so that is why you are experiencing what you did.

Reaction score
I hear you, but respectfully disagree. I do try to match equipment when possible to preface. But in this case it isn't because of Hikvision cameras and Amcrest NVR. I proved that the audio works just fine between the camera and NVR by the fact that I can hear the audio when using the Amcrest app both on iphone and on Mac OS. So there's no problem with the interface or operability between camerea and NVR. This is a problem of the NVR not sending audio out the HDMI to the local monitor and/or not having good audio adjustment settings for the local audio transducer--whether external speaker or monitor/TV. Hikvision does send the audio via HDMI as plug-and-play with no further adjustment needed.