Always disable auto reboot on cameras

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have three of the new Starlight Varifocal Turrets (DH-IPC-HDW5231R-Z) and an older PTZ (DH-SD22204T-GN) and caught the title statement in the long Starlight Varifocal Turret thread.

Out of the box the PTZ was set to reboot once a week. To my irritation I have never been able to get it to automatically return to a preset position after rebooting. With the turret cameras it does not affect position but they also are set to reboot once a week out of the box.

Can someone educate me on the whys and wherefores of leaving the auto reboot on or disabling it. The answer may depend on the type of camera.

Thanks,

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For returning to preset, did you go to config/ptz/function/power up and set your preset? That is what did it for me.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For returning to preset, did you go to config/ptz/function/power up and set your preset? That is what did it for me.
Yes. I have tried any one of four or five presets. Upon reboot it always points full up full clockwise.

If I do a PTZ restart from Setup>PTZ>Function it will point at any of the presets I select.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Just disable auto reboot. On one hand it's good the option is there as part of a way to clear issues that may happen along the way. But on the other hand, it should at least come disabled by default. Disable it.

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the manufacture set this option to reboot once a week just in case their camera run into some issues. I just got my system up and running and still learning as I configure them.. I do plan to disable the weekly reboot.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes. I have tried any one of four or five presets. Upon reboot it always points full up full clockwise.

If I do a PTZ restart from Setup>PTZ>Function it will point at any of the presets I select.
I just remembered, my camera won't return to a preset if IVS is enabled.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just checked and IVS was enabled. Not something I use so I shut it off.
For a test I will turn auto reboot back on and see if it will go to a preset.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That worked for me. Turned off IVS and upon reboot it returns to the selected preset.

Based on other comments on this thread I have shut off auto reboot.

Thanks to all.