Alternatives to IDMSS Pro? a.k.a why do all IPCam apps suck?

sydly

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having issues with my IDMSS iOS clients for a long time. They just freeze and stop running the feed live after awhile (an hour or two) and stop. I'm trying to setup older ipads around the house as camera monitors but unless I reopen the app or tap each camera feed every time I want to look, they just sit there on one frame.

Been trying to find alternative IP cam apps, I'm running into various problems.

I bought the uNetCams app because the reviews are all great, but there's no way to add a P2P cam? Like via QR code or UID?

So then I try to setup a DDNS account on quickddns (the default on the DVR) and I can't verify my account because their emails are bouncing at my ISPs server because they fail their own SPF checks....

I've tried a couple others: P2P Camera, P2P IPCamera, Imou, and either: I can't get their verification emails when I create the account (same problem with quickdddns above, because these are all coming from misconfigured SPF domains) or they actually allow me to scan the QR code to add my DVR but then give me an error that my UID has to be 20 characters. All my UIDs are 17 or 18 characters.

Do you know any tips and tricks to keep IDMSS running a live feed on iOS or know an alternative app that doesn't suck?

(I'm sorry I can't tell you my DVR or camera makes at this time, the system came with the house and have no markings. I'm waiting to hear back from one of the contractors on what this all is, I think it is a Dahua DVR)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sydly

n3wb
Reaction score
if you use P2P you are at a major security risk. if you scan a QR code you can get hacked. If your camera have access to the internet you may get hacked.

Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

The apps do not make any money so they are crap. You get what you pay for.
Thanks, I will take a look at those.