Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Or if you can't manage that, for the HIKVISION DS-2CD2132F-I - 642418191 camera the password for admin=admin123

ICEWHYTE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, having issues with these ones. I actually got the reset file back from Hikvision but it's telling me the "encrytion file is empty, check the key content". I've attached the two config files (one for each camera), would be great if someone can tell me the admin password please?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
These are not config files, they are just password reset request files, no passwords contained in them.

Shkodni4ek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
Help pls.

I tried all possible input options and the serial number, and took the date from the serial number. Nothing works.

Info from SADP
Model: DS-7216HWI-SH
Serial: DS-7216HWI-SH1620130820AAWR430980102WCVU
Short Serial: 430980102
Start time: 2024-04-19 19:08:16

Firmware: V2.2.7 build 130626 (from web of DVR, i have access to config like "operator")

Time settings on DVR using NTP.

Last edited:

ICEWHYTE

n3wb
Reaction score
These are not config files, they are just password reset request files, no passwords contained in them.
Thanks, any idea how I can get the config file? I tried using the URL that others have but I get prompted for credentials which I don't have.
I've also tried factory resetting the cameras, but the password never goes what the default should be.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, any idea how I can get the config file? I tried using the URL that others have but I get prompted for credentials which I don't have.
I've also tried factory resetting the cameras, but the password never goes what the default should be.
That was an exploit(some might say backdoor :)) which was updated later on, hence you cant get configuration file like that on newer firmware's.

Only possible reset method is via authorized distributer or hikvision itself.

OR flashing same firmware or tad older might factory reset it.