Alternate to HiDDNS

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

Since Hikvision have discontinued their iVMS-4500 app, along with the HiDDNS service, I am at a loss on how to access my cameras remotely after this.
I purchased my Hik cameras & NVR from Aliexpress.
Model: DS-7616NI-E2/8P
NVR serial is: 1620150616AARRxxxxxxxxxWCVU
Firmware Version: V3.3.2 build 150522
Encoding version: V5.0 build 150507
I've never updated it as its been working fine.
Ports 80, 8080, 554 have been forwarded to external IP and I was able to access cameras remotely earlier.

I've now downloaded the new Hik-connect app and have added cameras via QR code, which only works when connected to same (wifi) network.
But to access them remotely, what I have understood so far is that my NVR will need to support Hik-connect.
In its current state, the NVR doesn't support it. See screenshot:

IMG_1174.JPG

Can this NVR be safely update to support Hik-connect ??

If not, what is the alternative to access my cameras remotely ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does support it

Server address: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com or litedev.us.hik-connect.com or litedev.hik-connect.com

Cheers

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am at my wit's end.
So I signed up to no-ip.com, and got a hostname.
I enter 192.168.1.9, access the Configuration page for NVR.
Navigate to Configuration > Network > Basic settings
Input the domain, username, hostname and password details in where reqd.
When I save it, message comes "Save succeeded"
But when I click out of that screen and click back in, the settings are gone

I also tried doing same in iVMS-4200 but its not saving !
What am I doing wrong ?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bad webkit in firmware. Upgrade firmware or put dyndns domain in router on dvr/nvr address and port forward it

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am at my wit's end.
So I signed up to no-ip.com, and got a hostname.
I enter 192.168.1.9, access the Configuration page for NVR.
Navigate to Configuration > Network > Basic settings
Input the domain, username, hostname and password details in where reqd.
When I save it, message comes "Save succeeded"
But when I click out of that screen and click back in, the settings are gone

I also tried doing same in iVMS-4200 but its not saving !
What am I doing wrong ?
Use IE11 or use NVR's webGUI , NVR's mouse and NVR's monitor to navigate to Configuration > Network page

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bad webkit in firmware. Upgrade firmware or put dyndns domain in router on dvr/nvr address and port forward it
Bummer !
With regards to upgrading: My NVR is from Aliexpress. Looking at the details in original post, would you know if there is a English language firmware available for this model of NVR ?
If it can be safely upgraded, I might attempt that

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use IE11 or use NVR's webGUI , NVR's mouse and NVR's monitor to navigate to Configuration > Network page
Tried it in Edge. Didn't work. same problem - doesnt save the credentials in Network tab. Tried to install IE11, and it wouldn't install because "a more recent version of IE is already installed on your computer"
Going to access the NVR now and enter details directly... will update on how it goes
Thanks

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....
Yeah I suppose, you will never know if it is an original English version, or hacked unit.
Better exhaust other options, before attempting this ...
Part of me actually wants to update it, and see what happens .. :winktongue:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried it in Edge. Didn't work. same problem - doesnt save the credentials in Network tab. Tried to install IE11, and it wouldn't install because "a more recent version of IE is already installed on your computer"
Going to access the NVR now and enter details directly... will update on how it goes
Thanks
If you're on Win 10, you should still be able to run IE. Micro$uck is making it less convenient. When presented with the message you noted above, look hard at the screen, & there should be an option to use IE instead

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, logged in to NVR and entered details via connected monitor & mouse
This is the screen I am presented with and enter al the details:

IMG_1558.JPG

I enter the IPv4 address, my domain, username and password.
As soon as I hit Save, the below happens....

IMG_1559.JPG

Server Address field gets changed to usdev.hik-online.com automatically, and it fails to connect.

What am I doing wrong ?

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Port forwarding has already been set up from HikDDNS days when it used to work flawlessly

Capture.PNG