Also looking for control panel

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had a hard time accepting the all in one systems like 2gig, Simon xti, etc. A wired or hybrid system to me is soo much better and reliable. I tried the 2gig system and was just never totally satisfied with it.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Honeywell security products are some of the best on the market! The only products I can't speak for as I haven't used them yet is their video confirmation cameras. The Vista series panels are tried and true and the backbone of the security industry. I still run a Vista 20P that I've had since 2004.
Blake, I'm leaning towards on the Vista 21ip, this will force me to wire up some sensors but I can still do some wireless. Wired ones are much cheaper.
1) Vista 21ip is it a sound choice?
2) I talked briefly with Alarm Grid, is this ok choice???

Thanks in advance

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Vista 21ip is okay. Understand that ip based monitoring is dependent on your network which is not 100% reliable. I'd you where to do ip with cellular backup that would be much better than just ip. I haven't used alarm grid. I've used Alarm Relay and now I'm a dealer for Rapid Response.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
The Vista 21ip is okay. Understand that ip based monitoring is dependent on your network which is not 100% reliable. I'd you where to do ip with cellular backup that would be much better than just ip. I haven't used alarm grid. I've used Alarm Relay and now I'm a dealer for Rapid Response.
1)So Vista 21ip with cellular module, is there a unit you would recommend over this??
2) Unit going in basement, so how does cellular do there, should I just use my mobile to check level?
3) is rapid reponse same kind of service as alarm grid or relay??

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For hardwire/ hybrid systems I prefer the Vista series. If you want to go the ip route than the 21ip with cellular backup is the way to go. The ademco 4g cell units use the att network. Two ways to check your reception. One is via your own cell phone, and the other is once you get your equipment, you power up the cell unit and check the signal leds. Yes Rapid Response is, but you cannot acquire service from them yourself, you must go thru a dealer.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Blake, the Tuxedo touch works with several HIK cameras obviously they cant test them all, I'm thinking of the 4mp turret DS-2CD2342WD-I-2.8MM which just came out and isn't on the list

Would you guess this camera would work on the Tuxedo?

and will an NVR and this tuxedo touch work simultaneously?

thanks in advance

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are three specific Hikvision cams that work with the Tuxedo wifi keypad. They are the 2CD3132-1, 2CD2432F-1W2 and the 2CD2332-I210.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These three cams have been tested and known to work with the Tuxedo wifi keypad.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
What does a dealer do?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The dealer is the authorized seller of the services. For instance if you wanted to use alarm.com, you yourself could not go straight to alarm.com, they would refer you to an authorized alarm.com dealer.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
The dealer is the authorized seller of the services. For instance if you wanted to use alarm.com, you yourself could not go straight to alarm.com, they would refer you to an authorized alarm.com dealer.
Did the marijuana industry increase the security camera business in Colorado??

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sure it probably did with the amount of shops opening up.