Almost a deer vs. vehicle early morning

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is an ongoing situation around here. The deer are out in my field every night, oftentimes laying down for hours because, I guess, they feel safe and like it there. Their biggest threat is the vehicles. You can see several to the right side at :05 as the one deer crosses from the left in front of the car. It's likely a local heading out and of all people, should know that they're out there and really should slow down. He/she doesn't even turn on their high beams until they get toward the top of the hill.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday was opening day for bow season....this will eliminate a few of the corn rats.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
This is when the F'ers ran in front of me. They cost me in damages. I no longer work over night so the threat has dropped substantially. But I no longer think these dumbass animals are cute, let me tell you. They are freaking stupid as stupid comes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is an ongoing situation around here. The deer are out in my field every night, oftentimes laying down for hours because, I guess, they feel safe and like it there. Their biggest threat is the vehicles. You can see several to the right side at :05 as the one deer crosses from the left in front of the car. It's likely a local heading out and of all people, should know that they're out there and really should slow down. He/she doesn't even turn on their high beams until they get toward the top of the hill.

Refer to what someone said yesterday about pouring pee out of a boot. ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Trust me, they don't think. They only react and nine times out of ten they're wrong.
I agree.....

But then again there's a young woman, attractive and in her late 30's/early 40's that walks twice a day on the 1 mile circle where we're located. Often I come up behind her while I'm driving, she's NOT facing traffic, an earbud in each ear, I give her a wide birth and VERY slowly pass her and she acts like it scares the crap out of her....every time. I rolled down the window once and told her I was worried about her walking on the wrong side of the roadway because drivers are not attentive (texting, tuning the radio, etc.) and get ready for this....she says "tell me about it! I was once hit while walking in Birningham."

OK, she was once hit by a car while walking, she still walks with her back toward traffic and her ears plugged...and so, no, I don't think the deer are any more stupid than some people. I rest my case. :blankstare:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree.....

But then again there's a young woman, attractive and in her late 30's/early 40's that walks twice a day on the 1 mile circle where we're located. Often I come up behind her while I'm driving, she's NOT facing traffic, an earbud in each ear, I give her a wide birth and VERY slowly pass her and she acts like it scares the crap out of her....every time. I rolled down the window once and told her I was worried about her walking on the wrong side of the roadway because drivers are not attentive (texting, tuning the radio, etc.) and get ready for this....she says "tell me about it! I was once hit while walking in Birningham."

OK, she was once hit by a car while walking, she still walks with her back toward traffic and her ears plugged...and so, no, I don't think the deer are any more stupid than some people. I rest my case. :blankstare:
What?? Let me tell you something. I slowed my speed. I drove with my eyes darting from curb to curb instead of straight ahead. I beeped in the areas I knew them to be to give them warning. I drove with them in mind to give them and me a shot at staying away from each other. Please don't give dumb animals a human persona. They are not human. They are truly dumbass animals, maybe the dumbest of them all. Deer are sheer idiots. That's just the way they work. We are not. We try to stay a step ahead of their stupidity. That's all we can do for their sake and ours. It's not cinematic. Have a couple run in front of you to the tune of thousands. They're fucking stupid animals. It's a slalom run. Driver beware.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What?? Let me tell you something. I slowed my speed. I drove with my eyes darting from curb to curb instead of straight ahead. I beeped in the areas I knew them to be to give them warning. I drove with them in mind to give them and me a shot at staying away from each other. Please don't give dumb animals a human persona. They are not human. They are truly dumbass animals, maybe the dumbest of them all. Deer are sheer idiots. That's just the way they work. We are not. We try to stay a step ahead of their stupidity. That's all we can do for their sake and ours. It's not cinematic. Have a couple run in front of you to the tune of thousands. They're fucking stupid animals. It's a slalom run. Driver beware.
Wow, take it easy.....OK, so the deer are dumbasses and.....uh.....people are not. :blankstare:

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The fact that the deer are deemed the fools in this scenario is ironic and absurd. Back in the day before rape and pedophilia went wild there was a respectable concept floating around....Always be prepared. Not one of these humans hitting these deer seem to be prepared for diddly squat. Then they stop in the middle of traffic/road to inspect their vehicle with seemingly no concern for the innocent creature that may or may not have a soul that just got hit by a little chunk of metal moving at incredible speeds. No animal is more ignorant than a human who chooses to walk/run on a road in traffic. It doesnt matter which way they are running. they are degenerates. Never mind the fact that the deer are most likely reacting to the vehicle itself. Deer like all other creatures on this planet do not sense the same things humans sense. Maybe your fan belt or serpentine belt is getting old and wore and is creating a squeal beyond human hearing capabilities.... I once personally witnessed a full dump truck travel approx. 50 miles down a state route with squealing brakes that eventually caught on fire. at the same exact time there was 8 heart attacks with addresses on that route. Nobody ever put it all together even though everybody knows about LRAD and its proven capabilities. Its my opinion Eve may have ate the apple and we are blessed/cursed with knowledge but ..... it ends there.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice video Tony. However, feel for those in Alaska. I've been watching Alaska State Troppers recently. Moose are just as bad running out but unlike deer weigh over 1/2 a ton. At least you hit a deer. It might not feel lucky, but compared to the north roads t was. Moose are known to cause multiple fatalities. There's truck here showing the aftermath of a Dodge Ram vs moose. Imagine that in a smaller vehicle:

The fact that the deer are deemed the fools in this scenario is ironic and absurd. Back in the day before rape and pedophilia went wild there was a respectable concept floating around....Always be prepared. Not one of these humans hitting these deer seem to be prepared for diddly squat. Then they stop in the middle of traffic/road to inspect their vehicle with seemingly no concern for the innocent creature that may or may not have a soul that just got hit by a little chunk of metal moving at incredible speeds. No animal is more ignorant than a human who chooses to walk/run on a road in traffic. It doesnt matter which way they are running. they are degenerates. Never mind the fact that the deer are most likely reacting to the vehicle itself. Deer like all other creatures on this planet do not sense the same things humans sense. Maybe your fan belt or serpentine belt is getting old and wore and is creating a squeal beyond human hearing capabilities.... I once personally witnessed a full dump truck travel approx. 50 miles down a state route with squealing brakes that eventually caught on fire. at the same exact time there was 8 heart attacks with addresses on that route. Nobody ever put it all together even though everybody knows about LRAD and its proven capabilities. Its my opinion Eve may have ate the apple and we are blessed/cursed with knowledge but ..... it ends there.
TBH they are at a lot of the time. It's no doubt the fool is the motorist who fails to brake seeing one crossing the road with time to avoid or slow. However, many a time they jump from cover staight in front of a vehicle before a motorist even has time to see them. They even run into the side of vehicles. Good example here involving a police car - spot the deer before the collision, it ran into the side:

This time of a deer jumping through the window of a hair salon:

Only rational explanation is when they get scared they bolt for their lives and just run in panic into whatever gets into their way. I don't think you can call the deer intelligent and the motorist a fool though with behaviour like this by the deer. It's obvious they unpredictable and prone to put themseleves in danger when panicked by a predator.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
TBH they are at a lot of the time. It's no doubt the fool is the motorist who fails to brake seeing one crossing the road with time to avoid or slow.
What often amazes me is that a driver will have one run in front of their car but maybe a hundred feet or so away and because they didn't have to brake hard, they'll keep on driving, not so much as a slowdown...guess what....you see one deer, THERE WILL PROBABLY BE ANOTHER ONE COMING ABOUT 30 FEET BEHIND, as they more often than not, graze and travel together! :facepalm: