all of a sudden BI is using too much cpu and it says too much power

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a few observations.
What makes you think you are using too much power?
If it is that red "Very High" label in task manager then that is NOT what that means. That is normal.

Those monitors with the white squares is similar to an overheating issue I have seen with Nvidia cards before.
What is you GPU temp?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "locks up" the router and the switch?

Reaction score
locked I mean the network traffic had it with all solid lights and no network traffic goes through it. I had to reboot the bi machine and the switch to get BI back on line. at the same time that happened the machine I am on and accessing BI through Ui3 did that boxed screen freeze when tried to open a clip in BI alerts

Reaction score
I had a similar problem, it was a recent Windows 10 update. In the update there was a video driver that conflicted with BI and cause my power, memory and CPU to spike. I ended up rolling back the Windows update and everything is worked smoothly.

Reaction score
still hunting for the cause, Saturday I had several lost connection to server while viewing with the Ui3 and than a fatal error on the BI on machine with a hard crash

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a similar issue recently where the CPU was thermally throttling, causing BI to totally bog down, which also caused camera and network dropouts. It took a while to diagnose it, I found it by using HWInfo to check CPU and motherboard health. It showed temps were getting high enough to trigger throttling when CPU utilization rose above 50%. Reseating the CPU heatsink with new thermal compound didn't fix it. I ended up rebuilding the system with a CPU and M/B from one of my other systems and restoring the BI configuration to resolve the problem.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After the fatal crash, do you have any files in C:\Windows\Minidump ?
Specifically named the date and time of the crash?
You can use the windows debugger to find out what was running at the time of the crash.