All cameras frequently timeouts in version 4!?

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Last few years I using BI version 3 almost without problems and before few days I start with testing BI version 4 (paid for upgrade) but in version 4 almost all my IP cameras frequently timeout for few seconds and than again start to work normal, I don`t have this problem in BI version 3...
Do you know how to fix this problem? I using same settings like in BI 3...

I already sent e-mail to support and than they asked me for info about cameras and that is all from them...

I using cable connection for all my cameras...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Increase the receive buffer for each camera to 20mb. Camera properties, video, configuration.

x-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Why in version 4 it need to be 20MB (I still don`t know will this help) but in version 3 all working fine with receive buffer 5-10MB?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why in version 4 it need to be 20MB (I still don`t know will this help) but in version 3 all working fine with receive buffer 5-10MB?
I dont know, but it cant hurt to try...It has solved these issues many times for other uses..it will not affect your pc.

azsnapple

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont know, but it cant hurt to try...It has solved these issues many times for other uses..it will not affect your pc.
I have also updated to version 4 a few days ago and now I regret my decision. Everything worked perfectly with version 3. I have several Hikvision cameras, and after version 4 upgrade I constantly experience lost signal, problems with recording motion (it starts recording and them freezes, next frame - the object is gone), garbled images. I wasted so much of my time troubleshooting this issue. I adjusted I Frame Interval, changed frame rate, rebooted, replaced PoE, etc. Now I'm increasing receive buffer to 10 from 3. Hopefully it will help, but I am not holding my breath.

While I was writing this BI did not detect a motion. A red car just drove by without being triggered at all! This thing is just driving me crazy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have also updated to version 4 a few days ago and now I regret my decision. Everything worked perfectly with version 3. I have several Hikvision cameras, and after version 4 upgrade I constantly experience lost signal, problems with recording motion (it starts recording and them freezes, next frame - the object is gone), garbled images. I wasted so much of my time troubleshooting this issue. I adjusted I Frame Interval, changed frame rate, rebooted, replaced PoE, etc. Now I'm increasing receive buffer to 10 from 3. Hopefully it will help, but I am not holding my breath.

While I was writing this BI did not detect a motion. A red car just drove by without being triggered at all! This thing is just driving me crazy.
Version 4 works perfectly with hikvision and all other cameras..its most likely a setting issue...for motion issues make sure object detect/reject is disabled-this setting enabled will cause you to miss motion events. Increase your receive buffer to 20. Match your iframe interval to your frame rate.
There are lots of new features in BI4 and more added each month...the upgrade is well worth figuring out what settings you need to get it working correctly.