Alerts to Google Drive in format other than BVR?

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blue Iris set so that alerts (JPEG and MP4) are sent to my email address.

I have my Clips and Archiving set to my Google Drive. This works, except the files that are sent to my Google Drive folder are BVR files. Is there a way to have these files be a non-proprietary format? Or, is there a way to have an alert (as is now happening with emails) sent to my Google Drive (in jpg and MP4 format?) I'd like to be able to see the footage in my Google Drive on my android phone.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blue Iris set so that alerts (JPEG and MP4) are sent to my email address.

I have my Clips and Archiving set to my Google Drive. This works, except the files that are sent to my Google Drive folder are BVR files. Is there a way to have these files be a non-proprietary format? Or, is there a way to have an alert (as is now happening with emails) sent to my Google Drive (in jpg and MP4 format?) I'd like to be able to see the footage in my Google Drive on my android phone.

Thanks!
You can set the recording files to mp4...however, that creates other limitations like not being able to view the file while its being written to...
Have you considered just using the blue iris webserver and blue iris app to view your files remotely?

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you could use the post tab to post jpegs to your gdrive. i post every two seconds full res jpegs during an alert and finds it works well.

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
You can set the recording files to mp4...however, that creates other limitations like not being able to view the file while its being written to...
Have you considered just using the blue iris webserver and blue iris app to view your files remotely?
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have tried the blue iris server and app. My understanding is that blue iris does not store files on the server. Where are these files stored? For whatever reason, I can't view clips on in the blue iris app. When I go to view one, the app simply says, "loading..." and never loads the clip. Suggestions welcome!

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
you could use the post tab to post jpegs to your gdrive. i post every two seconds full res jpegs during an alert and finds it works well.
I tried this, but how do you limit the posting to alerts only? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have tried the blue iris server and app. My understanding is that blue iris does not store files on the server. Where are these files stored? For whatever reason, I can't view clips on in the blue iris app. When I go to view one, the app simply says, "loading..." and never loads the clip. Suggestions welcome!
The files are stored on the server hard drive by default unless you are saving them to another location...you should have no problem viewing the files on the app..something else is going on..make sure the user has permission to view recorded files.

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
"The files are stored on the server hard drive"

My computer's hard drive or blue iris' hard drive? Sorry for the basic question. I'll check the user permissions.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried this, but how do you limit the posting to alerts only? Thanks!
see attachment for my settings. i give each camera differnt folders, when you get alot of file in each folder, windows doesn't seem to like it. it was stubling when i was up around 8000 per dir even though the teoretical max is much higher. i also run this script every night with task manager to clear out the old files

forfiles -p "P:" -s -m *.* -d -3 -c "cmd /c del @path"

P: is the dir, -s to do subdirectories, and -d -3 erases everything older than 3 days

Attachments

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"The files are stored on the server hard drive"

My computer's hard drive or blue iris' hard drive? Sorry for the basic question. I'll check the user permissions.
the default for blueiris is c:\BlueIris to store all its data files. the 'clips and archiving' tab under settings will give you what your set up for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Zorac, the image you posted is not the correct tab.. That is for posting images...

Sent via Taptalk

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
see attachment for my settings. i give each camera differnt folders, when you get alot of file in each folder, windows doesn't seem to like it. it was stubling when i was up around 8000 per dir even though the teoretical max is much higher. i also run this script every night with task manager to clear out the old files

forfiles -p "P:" -s -m *.* -d -3 -c "cmd /c del @path"

P: is the dir, -s to do subdirectories, and -d -3 erases everything older than 3 days
Thank you. I'll give those settings a try.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zorac, the image you posted is not the correct tab.. That is for posting images...
Sent via Taptalk
Yes, thats what i use to post jpegs to a folder. You are correct in that you cant do video but if your using bvr for the recording and looking for something non proprietary to send to onedrive or google drive, it works. also easier on the data usage than video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that's true.... The solution to op's problem is to figure out why the blue iris app wasn't working... Watching video via Google drive is silly..

Sent via Taptalk

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
Call me silly, but I was trying to see video in Google Drive at first. :peaceful: I am trying Torac's method and still trying to figure out why I can't see clips in the blue iris app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Call me silly, but I was trying to see video in Google Drive at first. :peaceful: I am trying Torac's method and still trying to figure out why I can't see clips in the blue iris app.
You wont be able to see video in google drive unless you record in mp4 which will then not allow you the benefits of bvr...also with google drive you will be watching the video at full resolution and bandwidth while when using the app you can select from 3 predetermined bit rates (you can set it in the webserver tab)...The app also lets you fast forward/rewind up to 64x....
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app...
Try deleting the user and adding it again

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting the user and adding again. Now there are no clips listed in the Alerts section of the app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting the user and adding again. Now there are no clips listed in the Alerts section of the app.
are there alerts listed in pc server? Have you given remote viewing permissions to the user?

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under the user settings. Make sure you have "view recorded clips" checked. Since you are probably the admin of the system you can give access to all the features.

Attachments

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the alert clips are shown in blue iris on my pc.

My user settings are exactly as indicated above.

Thanks!

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
I logged onto the web interface and there are no alerts, but there are clips. What am I missing?