Alerts aren't being created when camera is triggered

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 17 cameras on my BI system. If I manually trigger any of the cameras from the BI dashboard it will create an alert in the alerts menu on the left side and in the BI app on my phone. But no other alerts are created. The cameras are definitely being triggered. I have it set up to record the sub stream continuously and then the main stream when triggered. I can see the camera switch from the sub stream to the main stream and it creates a new clip in the "New" folder. But it never creates alerts.

Here are my settings on one of the cameras.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Any ideas what the problem is?

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears you are using AI. I suspect it is something related to that portion of your setup. While I don't use AI, I think you can change your AI "Alert Confirmation" setting to "None" and have it bypass the AI completely. I bet you start getting alerts if you do that which would confirm that the issue is AI related, not specifically BI related.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is my record tab. After switching the AI to "none" per The Automation Guy's recommendation I did get an alert from the camera when it saw motion. I'd like to keep the AI so it will only trigger for cars, people, etc. Are there settings I can change on the AI screen to fix it?
5.jpg

mvoss

n3wb
Reaction score
Under AI your "Custom Models" box is empty. It should be populated w/ the models you are using.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is my record tab. After switching the AI to "none" per The Automation Guy's recommendation I did get an alert from the camera when it saw motion. I'd like to keep the AI so it will only trigger for cars, people, etc. Are there settings I can change on the AI screen to fix it?
View attachment 181747
You don't want to rely on AI for a trigger.... You want Blue Iris to trigger even on the slightest possible motion.... Then use AI for alerts.... This way in the event the AI is wrong you still captured the event in high resolution...

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You don't want to rely on AI for a trigger.... You want Blue Iris to trigger even on the slightest possible motion.... Then use AI for alerts.... This way in the event the AI is wrong you still captured the event in high resolution...
Yep, BI is triggering using motion. I get high res video for all motion. I'm trying to use AI for alerts but it isn't adding the alerts to my Alerts tab.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I got this corrected. On my AI settings I had "Canceled Alerts: Move To Canceled Alerts List". I changed that to "Canceled Alerts: Remain On Alerts List"

6.jpg

Thanks for the help!!