Alert icons on timeline- where'd they go

s101

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm evaluating BI and like it a lot. I've been playing with many configuration settings and think I turned a feature off by mistake. When I first started using the software a small red triangle appeared on the timeline with a motion alert occurred. Made it easy to find sections of a clip I wanted to review. Now they've gone away.

Anyone know how to turn them on or if there is some setting that conflicts with the feature?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm evaluating BI and like it a lot. I've been playing with many configuration settings and think I turned a feature off by mistake. When I first started using the software a small red triangle appeared on the timeline with a motion alert occurred. Made it easy to find sections of a clip I wanted to review. Now they've gone away.

Anyone know how to turn them on or if there is some setting that conflicts with the feature?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Did you delete the database folder (db) at any point?

s101

n3wb
Reaction score
Delete is such a harsh word. I did change the default directory from a network drive to local to in an attempt to solve some other issues (don't think it was necessary looking back). Could that have created the issue?

Thanks for the response

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Delete is such a harsh word. I did change the default directory from a network drive to local to in an attempt to solve some other issues (don't think it was necessary looking back). Could that have created the issue?

Thanks for the response
Yes, the alert markers as well as very low resolution alert images are stored in the database. So if you changed the folder but didnt move the actual database files then blue iris would not have that info.
Note the database folder should be on your fastest drive, usually your local OS hard drive.

s101

n3wb
Reaction score
So I used a function to change the directory I was using from a networked directory to local. The contents of the directory were all copied over. I've also done a data base repair/regenerate. Are there other settings I should look at? I turned off "Create Alert list Images when triggered" because I was getting jpg files that BI couldn't open.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I used a function to change the directory I was using from a networked directory to local. The contents of the directory were all copied over. I've also done a data base repair/regenerate. Are there other settings I should look at? I turned off "Create Alert list Images when triggered" because I was getting jpg files that BI couldn't open.
You must have the create alert image selected for the marker to appear (i think BI uses the image as the marker). Not sure why your are getting jpg's displayed as well, do you have blue iris set to take snapshots?

s101

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any snapshots turned on. I turned the create alert images checkbox back on and will see what happens. Thanks