Alert for my mailbox

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a small hidden wired IP camera in my mailbox for notification when it was opened (it work for a while but would overheat and quit and start back later in the evening but finally quit working altogether) because the regular mail and amazon mail would run at different times even on Sunday, also for security if someone would steal my mail or items (a lady I know said someone put a snake in her mailbox last week).I serched the forum but never found an easy solution but I found this mailbox alert from "My Spool" and am wondering if anyone has hooked it up with Blue Iris or has another solution I could use with BI.
Thanks in advance.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
image.jpg 8043BF4E-551E-4CBE-BCC6-FC895215C628.jpeg 5F8F479F-1162-4B14-B30E-854AEE26AAEF.jpeg I installed a different camera which seems to be working (I’ll update in about a week or so)
I’m wanting it to work with BI so as not to have more equipment to get or work with

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well it's been a while since I installed the new camera and everything is working well especially since it has been getting over 90 degrees here.
I thought about cutting the wire to the ir but now that I didn't I really like it because I can view if something is in the box or not.