AI works in debug but doesn't log it.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
View attachment Untitled.mov

So I am getting great shots of cars coming up the road. This is an Amazon truck with clear plates that it somehow missed.

Weirdly: I am playing back this video with AI debugging and in the right window it shows the plate, but on the left window I don't see it in the log on the left. It shows the Red window at least twice with 96 then 94% confidence.

My AI responds in about 134 ms, so I am trying 100ms captures and added more. Still no love.

Seperately, I am still missed some triggers. I went down to 15 FPS. Still issues. Maybe I will try 10 again.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 1.09.50 PM.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 183569

So I am getting great shots of cars coming up the road. This is an Amazon truck with clear plates that it somehow missed.

Weirdly: I am playing back this video with AI debugging and in the right window it shows the plate, but on the left window I don't see it in the log on the left. It shows the Red window at least twice with 96 then 94% confidence.

My AI responds in about 134 ms, so I am trying 100ms captures and added more. Still no love.

Seperately, I am still missed some triggers. I went down to 15 FPS. Still issues. Maybe I will try 10 again.

View attachment 183570
Try setting your camera to 20 FPS and AI settings to + real-time images: to 20 and analyze one each: to 50ms

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wpiman If I view your video, the AI details on the left, for whatever reason, BI5 only sent 1 image to CP.AI, right?

And the image sent to CP.AI, did it have a license plate in the image? If no, then CP.AI won't have anything in image to pull plate #.

With respect to AI in debug mode, BI5 may be sending snapshots at different time points and if those snapshots have license plate in view, then CP.AI can process.

BTW, setting 110 images for each event seems excessive. You may be putting unexpected load on your CP.AI and thus your PC when enough events happens concurrently.

Last edited:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try setting your camera to 20 FPS and AI settings to + real-time images: to 20 and analyze one each: to 50ms
Ok, that makes some common sense....

I am probably going to pick up a 4060ti as well to accelerate the LPR...

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok. So I am still missing them some.

IMG_0461.png

This one here, the image on the clips doesn’t show anything.

I am wondering if the trigger is too late in some cases.

Maybe I should zoom out.

View attachment temp.mp4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't want to zoom out too far and then not be able to read plates.

It is a balance, and snow with salt-baked roads can be a problematic field of view based on color and dirtiness of car. While we can tell it is a car, the motion detection could miss it.

What are you motion settings page look like - probably need to increase motion sensitivity.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of the Saved AI analysis details of the canceled alert, like the below screenshot.

1705892925696.jpeg

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gravity might have pulled it down a tad. Good catch. I’ll muck with that tomorrow.

Here are my motion settings. Zone A is basically the road minus those bushes in front. Zone b is left and zone c is ten pixels to the right or so. Tells me direction.

IMG_0463.png
IMG_0464.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Switch it from Edge Vector to Simple

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So the video I posed initially shows a cancelled alert. I NEVER get more than ONE of these even on a good capture that reports the plate..

ie. Mine looks nothing like yours...

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.13.23 AM.png

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if in some cases my trigger is too late...

Since I have my pre-trigger set up, I wonder if it would be possible to have Ken either start the AI process with frames that happened BEFORE the trigger by some configurable amount.. Or maybe search through them if it didn't get a hit. The data is there.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Weird. Mine goes backwards pre-trigger

1705935445207.png

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like mine that get a "hit" go backwards too.

I guess I am getting a hit BEFORE the trigger. Mine are showing every 50 MS then going backwards.... to 200 ms, then looks like many are not printing.... Not quite sure where the ones in the 100ms range are?

I assume that is because it wasn't better than the one that happened at T = 0 until T - 858ms?

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mike..

Attached and also see post #9 for sub menus...

5 seconds after the trigger.... Maybe that is too long? Wouldn't that just mean more processing?

Thanks again guys....

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.27.06 AM.png