AI with external triggers and masks from motion zones

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used external triggers for some things, but I've always noticed that AI doesn't analyze objects that are not covered by a motion zone.

For example, I have a cam that looks out the front of the house at the mailbox. I have a sensor in the mailbox that triggers when it is opened. But the mailbox is next to the road, and I don't want every car passing the house triggering it, so obviously it's not in a motion detection zone.

When you look at the AI analysis, you can see everything not covered by a zone is blacked out.

How can I get AI to analyze the entire frame, on those external triggers? I'm testing out a theory where I add a new motion zone, and include the full view but don't enable any alerts for it. Thinking that might work, but not sure if it would be the best way or not..

TBurt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used external triggers for some things, but I've always noticed that AI doesn't analyze objects that are not covered by a motion zone.

For example, I have a cam that looks out the front of the house at the mailbox. I have a sensor in the mailbox that triggers when it is opened. But the mailbox is next to the road, and I don't want every car passing the house triggering it, so obviously it's not in a motion detection zone.

When you look at the AI analysis, you can see everything not covered by a zone is blacked out.

How can I get AI to analyze the entire frame, on those external triggers? I'm testing out a theory where I add a new motion zone, and include the full view but don't enable any alerts for it. Thinking that might work, but not sure if it would be the best way or not..
Set up your zones but do not enable motion detection in BI. I use my camera's (Dahau / Hikvision) cameras with built-in AI to trigger BI as external/ONVIF triggers. I set up zones I want to be checked by AI without BI motion detection. Go into the motion detection setting in BI to set up the zones as normal, but uncheck the motion tab.
blue iris.jpgblue iris.jpg