AI Stopped Working After CodeProject.AI updated

chuchvt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I stopped receiving AI alerts. I logged onto the computer hosting BI and I saw there were updates for both BI and CodeProject. I installed both updates but AI is still not working.

I have uninstalled CodeProject and deleted the CodeAI folder in the C:\Program Files folder and reinstalled CodeProject and it's still not working. The version that was working was 2.2.24 I believe but I can't find the installer for that version.

Any thoughts how I can fix this?

chuchvt

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get AI working again but I had to go back to 2.0.8. If I installed 2.2.24 only Face Recognition would install. If I tried to install Yolo.net the logs would show a Call Failure and it wouldn't install. There have been several complaints on the CodeProject website so hopefully the issue will be resolved.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the CPAI discussion forums: CodeProject.AI Server: AI the easy way.

I have always found this option to work when a connection times out or a module fails to install:

Option 1 with a vengeance: If that fails, head to the module's folder ([app root]\modules\module-id), open a terminal in admin mode, and run ..\..\setup. This will force a manual reinstall using the install script.

___

This has worked every time with all versions of CPAI since this fix was implemented, it might help in your situation.

You will also be happy to know with the latest testing release they are working on a solution for the installation problems. They have also increased the verbosity of the logging in the AI console so it will be easier to track down issue going forward.

chuchvt

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue is the new version constantly stops and starts the service and doesn't see any objects.