Aftermath of Officer Involved Shooting

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday an 18 year old man was shot and killed by police a few blocks down from the hill where we live. According to local media reports, the man shot and grazed himself in the head. According to these reports, family members called police and when the man stepped outside still holding the gun, he was shot by police. The shooting was reported at 4:51 p.m. local time. I believe the shooting victim was across the street from the house that I zoomed in on. Recorded with a Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ camera.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was interesting to see the reflection in the picture window of the house starting at about 1:50 .. it seemed to be magnified.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is another update with some additional information. When I looked closely at the interview of the victim's family and the front of their house I noticed it wasn't the house directly across the street from the house I zoomed in on. The victim's house was the second house from the corner. I believe the police shot the victim from the third house from the corner and across the street. At around the 3 minute mark of this video you can see a series of photos (I counted 9 camera flashes) taken at a spot located behind a vehicle parked in the front yard. From this spot the police would have a clear view of the victim's porch and the parked vehicle would have provided them cover. The police have previously said the victim was shot from across the street with rifles.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday an 18 year old man was shot and killed by police a few blocks down from the hill where we live. According to local media reports, the man shot and grazed himself in the head. According to these reports, family members called police and when the man stepped outside still holding the gun, he was shot by police. The shooting was reported at 4:51 p.m. local time. I believe the shooting victim was across the street from the house that I zoomed in on. Recorded with a Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ camera.

Lulu - unrelated to the shooting - that camera looks amazing. I was looking at getting one from Amazon. How do you like it? Would you buy it again? Are you able to PTZ with some sort of android/apple app?

Very sorry this was so close to your home/family.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
For details about this camera please see the following thread:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8360-Sunba-HZ507-20XB-Mini-Dome-PTZ-Camera

This camera can be controlled with the Blue Iris Android App, including presets, zooming, panning, and tilting. If I had it all to do over again, I would probably purchase the Sunba 6 inch dome instead of this one. The price for this camera has gone up since I purchased it. The 6 inch black face dome has upward tilt, something that the 4 inch dome does not. If you have any other specific questions about this camera, ask in the above thread and I will answer there.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but too many of the stories involving mentally ill or suicidal people end badly when police are called. Police simply are not trained or equipped to handle citizens with mental issues. When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When someone who is bi-polar or schizophrenic is acting irrationally, or doesn't obey police commands - often making sudden moves while holding something in their hands, then hammer will drop 100% of the time. Too often you hear family members expressing regret and remorse for ever calling the police.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no special training if a person mental or not has a gun in his hand and points it at a PO, he will be shot.