After factory reset I cannot use the camera again

kspmtrp

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Safire SF-IPCU201HA-2E-W camera (rebrand of Hikvision) and it has been working right. Last week, I needed to switch it to another Wifi network different from the one I initially set it up, for which I had no problems. My surprise is that every time I turned off the camera, it reconnected to the first Wifi. Changes are only applied as long as the camera is not turned off (disconnected from power).

I thought that resetting to factory settings would be solved, but now the problem I have is that I can't even login to the camera and it's not connected to any wifi. I have tried to connect to the "WIFI access point" that the camera creates with name HAP_XXXXXX, but I do not know the password. I have tried with the serial number (with and without the initial letter), with the verification code, adminXXXX (XXXX = verification code). No luck.

I tried to use SADP from a PC, but obviously it can't find the camera because the camera doesn't have any WiFi network set up. Please note that this model does not have an Ethernet port so WiFi is the only option.

Similarly, if I try to add the device to an Android mobile with the Safire Connect app (as a guest since I do not recall having created a Safire account), it tells me that the device has already been added by another account. If I click the option of "Unlink device" it ends up informing me that it is not possible to find the camera (again it is logical because the camera is not connected to any network).

I tried to talk with the shop where I bought it, but they say me that I need to unlink the device from my account so as they can do a password reset. But, as I said before, I am not able to do it.

Is there a way to login to the access point to setup everything again? Or at least a way to know the account where I supposedly linked the camera?

Krisszancs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Have you found any solution?
I have very similar issue.

“Dear All

I would need professional advice from this community.
SAFIRE SC-IPD821WHA-4PW Outdoor IP Dome Camera

I tried these steps in the video and could active activate the camera on wired network, but it can not connect to WIFI, I was stucked at code reading.

The Safire Phone APP on IOS platform does not read the barcode of camera.

I tried to connect to 2.4 GHz and turned off the 5 GHz. Phone and router are on the same wifi.

If I wanted to connect to the camera to WIFI first (without activating the camera via SAFIRE SADP (Search Active Devices Protocol) I stuck at this point and does not accept its verification code.

“Turn on the Wi-Fi function, and then select
the Wi-Fi named "softap_G01631633". Its
password is softap_XXXX (XXXX refers to
the verification code on the back cover of the device.”
“Incorrect password for "HAP NZPCDV"”

Does anyone have any idea how to step further?

It is interesting, if you take a look at the attached photo, that no idea which category the Safire phone app contains this camera belongs to.

Thank you.

Regards

Chris”

kspmtrp

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally the camera was sent to Safire technical support and they "reset the camera and unlinked it from an account". Now I've been able to join the camera to my network, using Android Safire Connect app.

Lessons learnt:
1. It seems very important to use that app logged in with a valid account. Never ever register the camera using a guest account, as the app does not warn about the problems you could have later on.
2. Write down every user/password that the app asks.
3. A reset (using the physical button in the camera itself) does not fully restore the camera to its factory settings. After a reset, it seems that the camera remains linked to an Internet account and the default credentials do not work anymore.