Advice on Dahua Cameras

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear all,

my parents have asked me to mount some security cameras in their house and I hope you guys can give me some feedback. As you can see on the attached pictures, I have planned for 5 cams only as I do have only 5 CAT cables available.
Towards the north west, I would mount 2 Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE, where I can also adjust the vari focal, but probably I would set them at 10mm as the field view is really limited. The problem here is that on the one wall (indicated with a green cam), I only have one network cable and here I was looking for a fish eye camera, but I do not understand how far left and right a fish eye camera can view. The total house length at this side is somewhere around 9 meters. The alternative would be to install a regular turret looking to one the sides and then a wifi only camera with external power supply (e.g. battery and solar panel), but I am not a big fan of WiFi only cameras. What do you think?

On the second picture, there is another Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE for monitoring of the terace and a Dahua IPC-HFW5442T-SE (or IPC-HFW5442E-SE as I do not need the IK10; otherwise they look the same) as an overview cam for the garden.
The cams will capture 24/7 and will run probably on a NVR5208-4KS2.

With the given setup, would you do something different?

Thanks

PS: I have just seen there is a IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2. May be this could work instead of the fish eye camera?

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dear all,

my parents have asked me to mount some security cameras in their house and I hope you guys can give me some feedback. As you can see on the attached pictures, I have planned for 5 cams only as I do have only 5 CAT cables available.
Towards the north west, I would mount 2 Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE, where I can also adjust the vari focal, but probably I would set them at 10mm as the field view is really limited. The problem here is that on the one wall (indicated with a green cam), I only have one network cable and here I was looking for a fish eye camera, but I do not understand how far left and right a fish eye camera can view. The total house length at this side is somewhere around 9 meters. The alternative would be to install a regular turret looking to one the sides and then a wifi only camera with external power supply (e.g. battery and solar panel), but I am not a big fan of WiFi only cameras. What do you think?

On the second picture, there is another Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE for monitoring of the terace and a Dahua IPC-HFW5442T-SE (or IPC-HFW5442E-SE as I do not need the IK10; otherwise they look the same) as an overview cam for the garden.
The cams will capture 24/7 and will run probably on a NVR5208-4KS2.

With the given setup, would you do something different?

Thanks

PS: I have just seen there is a IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2. May be this could work instead of the fish eye camera?
Hi @Pseudoreal

Looks like a good start .. normally I like to have my focus more on the front of the house ..

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@mat200

thanks - the front house is on the north (1st picture where the dark red cam is. This is the entry.

@Flintstone61
I have just heard that the fisheye cannot be made waterproof, so I am now checking on the IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2. I could not find the viewing angle, but can I get to 150°?

gregip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The viewing angles are usually on the datasheet for the camera. I get the datasheets from www.dahuasecurity.com and then also search Youtube for some reviews and examples.
I installed all my Cat5e cabling on the outside wall of my house since I also don't like WIFI cameras. I recommend you find a way to cable all cameras.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It says: 2.8 mm: Horizontal: 95°; Vertical: 52°; Diagonal: 114° , so can I assume that this is per cam on the IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 (so in total 190°?)
3.6 mm: Horizontal: 78°; Vertical: 41°; Diagonal: 94° and here in total 156°

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you trying to do with the cams? Watch the street? Watch the entry points to the house? Watch something else? Makes a big difference as far as what will work best. The vari-focal is a good way to go but you need to provide some more info as far as what you're trying to monitor.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Wide angle cameras, short focal length like 2.8mm, are not appropriate if you expect to be able to get a useable identification shot. These two charts are approximations and you can be sure they represent the best case scenarios of angles and lighting. Be guided accordingly.

dori.png

lens sizes.JPG

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to stress the point, those distances are optimistic and based on a good angle. That means the camera is no higher than about seven and a half feet and the subject is looking straight forward, not looking down.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The waste on the ground was a joke to @sebastiantcombs, as we kibbutz each other to have some fun.
It referred to M&Ms candies on the ground. As for the pics those will be the "spotter cams" for a future
(Q2) PTZ from Andy.

By posting the pics it might give a future searcher an idea of the FOV of certain cameras.
Providing they learn what that little magnifying glass thingingy up towards the upper left.

I apologize for any confusion rendered.