Advice on a very short cable distance run & underground installation

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd use two 90 degree elbows on each end to make a 180 degree turn that points down where the cable comes out. A plug of duct seal will keep the bugs out and, with a little drip loop on the cable, no water will get in. The big advantage being if/when you need to replace the cable.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd use two 90 degree elbows on each end to make a 180 degree turn that points down where the cable comes out. A plug of duct seal will keep the bugs out and, with a little drip loop on the cable, no water will get in. The big advantage being if/when you need to replace the cable.
Depending on the aesthetics OP is considering, a single gang enclosure on each end might consume less physical space.

Also, from what I've been reading about burying conduit. The temperature fluctuations can result in condensation, which can cause moisture concerns over time. In this scenario, as others pointed out, having to pull in a new CAT5/6 should be pretty simple.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Also, from what I've been reading about burying conduit. The temperature fluctuations can result in condensation, which can cause moisture concerns over time. In this scenario, as others pointed out, having to pull in a new CAT5/6 should be pretty simple.
THIS!!

As a PM for large industrial plant designs, we always assumed conduits would fill with water. And, five years later, they would often be FULL of water. Plan on all underground conduits becoming full of water. Untested connections leak, condensation, whatever, but don't bet on them not getting wet!! For this application, pulling new cable is a viable approach.