AddToBIDB failed 121?

DropZone

n3wb
Reaction score
Can't seem to find any info on this specific error code. My server was running great for many months, but after a power outage a while back it's been very unreliable. New storage is getting filled without moving files to archive drives as it typically does.

At the root of the problem seems to be this error. Even after formatting all drives, and starting the DB from scratch, this error is showing up in the log frequently. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Trying to avoid a total system format / windows reinstall, though that usually does give me the best results when I have an unsolvable BI problem.

DropZone

n3wb
Reaction score
No USB storage. NVME for the primary drive and the rest are internal, mechanical drives. They all look good in CrystalDisk. Any thoughts on how I might solve a memory leak?

I should add, RAM usage stays around 40% and CPU usage around 20%. This is a rather large server, running 43 cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No USB storage. NVME for the primary drive and the rest are internal, mechanical drives. They all look good in CrystalDisk. Any thoughts on how I might solve a memory leak?

I should add, RAM usage stays around 40% and CPU usage around 20%. This is a rather large server, running 43 cameras.
Video drivers have been at the heart of most memory leaks. Did yours recently update?

At post #24 in that link I sent you, jaydeel explains how to discover if, in fact, there is a memory leak.

DropZone

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using integrated graphics on an i7-12700k. There may have been a windows update that updated the driver but the drivers date is still Feb 2022. It doesn't look like a memory leak is happening, but I will continue monitoring for one. Thanks for the info.

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Corrupt DB. It has happened to me if i accidentally ran out of harddrive space. I do nightly backups so I just restored from the night before instead of doing a rebuild. You can do a rebuild if that works better for your situation.

DropZone

n3wb
Reaction score
I've run several rebuilds, but seem to keep getting the same issue. Even tried deleting the old DB entirely and starting over.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever solve the problem with your DB?
I'm running version 5.7.3.0 from March and everything has been great until today. Now all alters, new and AUX-1 show "empty list" with error 121 in the log files.

I rebuilt the database and deleted all the .jpg files and rebuilt the database again, but nothing has changed.

just fyi, did all the obvious stuff, rebooted, chkdisk, etc.

thanks.

DropZone

n3wb
Reaction score
I added an exemption for the blueiris.exe in Windows Defender and it helped considerably. I still get the error in my log occasionally but much less frequently and it doesn't seem to be messing up my storage now.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check to see what my settings are.

I got it working again by deleting EVERYTHING in the new, alters and aux-1 directories and then rebuilding the DB.

The thing that surprised me was the size of the database did not change it's still 700mb.