Adding Qsee QTN8017B camera to Qsee QC8116 NVR

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8 QFN 2023B cameras working good on a QC 8116 NVR. I added one QTN8017B camera using the settings: port 85, Onvif and password 123456 and it worked good until I rebooted the NVR. Now I cant get it to work. Tried 2 other cameras and the same. When I use the detect function it appears to mirror the QFN 2023B cameras already working in the system. I tried to manually enter the QTN8017B camera and no luck.

I also tried to add another QFN 2023B camera and no luck with that one either.

Any ideas? Ive googled and tried the documents and no luck. Tech support doesnt work weekends so here i am. Thank you.

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the 2 new QFN 2023B cameras to work by unplugging the 2 new QTN8017B cameras in ports 8 and 9 from the NVR. The only issue now is I have 9 cameras plugged in to the NVR in 1-9 but the 2 new cameras show up on Ch 12 and 13 on the monitor. I need them to show up on CH 8 & 9 and I dont see any way to change this setting. Thanks.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a guess and there may be a easier way. With my Dahua I have to add cameras in the order I want them to display or channel assigned. You may have to go into camera/remote/add and delete various cameras. As I said there may be a better way. Also I'm assuming since you posted in the Dahua section qsee is just another OEM brand for dahua ????

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I was able to delete the 2 cameras like you said and re add them to ch 8 & 9.

I've read that qsee is just another OEM brand for dahua.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes Q-See just rebrands Dahua products.

Thats interesting to me that you got a QT series camera to work with a QC series NVR. If you call Q-See they will tell you QC series NVRs only with with QC series cameras and the same with QT series NVRs and QT cameras. Didnt make sense to me, but thats what theyll say. I was guessing they had locked them down somehow as I have never tried to do it.

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the QT series cameras to work again and then on a reboot I cant get them to work again. Tried everything. Im gonna sell them and use just QC cameras, too much of a headache.

Oh and before I bought the QT cameras I asked QSee first if the QT cameras would work with my QC NVR and they said no problem lol. Gah!!! Too late for a return now.

Anybody want 3 QT series 2MP cameras for just over half price? $175.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whats going to be even more interesting for me is I have five Dahua 4MP camers coming and Im hoping to get them working with my QC8816. If the QC and QT products have so many issues I wonder how bad its going to be with Q-See QC series and Dahua cameras.

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
I seemed to have success letting the NVR find the QT camera in a "device search" and then editing the camera settings. They would show as "Offline" then and I just went up one number on the IP address from the last one added and they popped on. Now I dont know why they wont work doing the same thing. Lets see what customer service says now lol.

Let me know how your new Dahua cameras work out, I have the same QC8816 NVR and would like to add some better cameras. Where did you get yours? Are you using Qsee's software or another software?

Last edited by a moderator:

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I seemed to have success letting the NVR find the QT camera in a "device search" and then editing the camera settings. They would show as "Offline" then and I just went up one number on the IP address from the last one added and they popped on. Now I dont know why they wont work doing the same thing. Lets see what customer service says now lol.

Let me know how your new Dahua cameras work out, I have the same QC8816 NVR and would like to add some better cameras. Where did you get yours? Are you using Qsee's software or another software?
Will do, Ill post back when they start coming in. I think I have two coming next week. I am getting them all from high rated and recommended from here sellers off AliExpress. Thats pretty much the only way to get them the cheapest. And I am running my QC8816 completely stock with two 3TB WD Purple HDDs in it. Havent used any other software. Its a brand new setup so Im still working it all out.

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ha, I got the QT cameras to work again. I had a cable with a camera that was disconnected. Once I fixed that I got the QT cameras to work. I found this that says adding QT cameras to what appears to be QC systems, not the QC8116 but maybe an older model? https://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2397/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1Njc0MDg0Ni9zaWQvMWd5WXFoS20=#img-220.

Everything they say to do is what i did except I had to change the IP address. For some reason when I use the Device Search it mirrors the IP of a camera already working. I just changed the IP setting for the new camera up one and bingo. 10.1.1.134 to 10.1.1.135 for example.

I dont't think you'll have issues with your new cameras if i can get these to work.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good to know. They should be here any day now. Thanks for the update!

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, Ive got the cameras and so for Ive just plugged them into the NVR to make sure they are working and they are automatically setup and work just like the native Q-See ones. So far I can confirm that with the QC8816 NVR the Dahua IPC-HDW4431-A, IPC-HDBW4421F and IPC-HDBW4421R-AS all work fine.

Fred Murtz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you ben, thats good to know. Im still dealing with these older cameras that get borked and I have to reset them all the time. Gonna order a couple of the Dahuas.

NOLA USA

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a qt816 and would really like to use some of the qc cams, specifically the 4K dome qcn 8096D anyone experiment with qcn cams with qt nvrs?