Adding a speaker to Amcrest POE IP8M2796EB

Reaction score
I want to add a simple speaker to IP8M 2796EB which will be sheltered looking out of a shed. I want to be able to scare the bears away with noise. Nothing sophisticated needed. Water resistant not proof needed.

Looking for info.
Thanks, Debbie

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depending on the voltage of the camera and whatever speaker you want to add, you might be able to avoid needing another PoE line by using a splitter, as described in this post:

However, it might be far easier just to get a camera that already has a speaker, however, it might not be loud enough to scare a bear... most cameras that have speakers I have seen are not very loud. So, a splitter for a dedicated speaker might work better. However, then you have to consider how you are interfacing with the speaker, through Blueiris, or some other app. I have never added an external speaker but I am curious to follow this post to see if others have more info or experience.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Debbie DeHart I have this amp + speaker:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082F7P184
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FFVVFNZ

It's hooked up to BlueIris PC audio jack. You can play back any audio file.
My goal was to setup something really loud, that can be mounted outdoors and was not too expensive.
(Related, the speaker I choose is typically used in automobile applications like police vehicles so any 12V DC power source should work.)

P.S. #1 The amp comes in package of 2. You only need to use 1 since it's a mono speaker.
P.S. #2 I haven't tried this with camera audio output.
P.S. #3 A big 200watt speaker like the above can't be driven by PC or camera directly. You need to connect your audio output wires to amp input. The amp can drive the speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Depending on the voltage of the camera and whatever speaker you want to add, you might be able to avoid needing another PoE line by using a splitter, as described in this post:

However, it might be far easier just to get a camera that already has a speaker, however, it might not be loud enough to scare a bear... most cameras that have speakers I have seen are not very loud. So, a splitter for a dedicated speaker might work better. However, then you have to consider how you are interfacing with the speaker, through Blueiris, or some other app. I have never added an external speaker but I am curious to follow this post to see if others have more info or experience.
I have an outdoor POE switch at this location so another line if no problem. Thanks for the reply.