Added second Storage drive

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m wondering if I need to delete, then Add camera’s with the new non-default Drive letter F:\ and wirh a new unique naming convention. I made 3 folders Inside F:\.Blue Iris...(New,Stored,db)
I need to increase my storage capacity as I am now at 8 days of storage. So after seeing something here about adding a 2nd drive to BI (Optiplex 7010-removed CD-rom .)
I managed to experiment with a 2 TB Seagate from an old Dvr. I changied 4 cameras of video to a destination of F:\Blue Iris\New. Although the motion capture alerts show up in the preview pane, clicking on it results in an error msg. I can see new video data filling up the folder, but i can only access .jpgs and .bvr’s it from windows folder view.

Attachments

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Open the Blue Iris Console

Go To Settings > Clips and Archiving, and just change the drive letter there

Once you do that use windows to copy the existing files from the old drive to the new drive.

Done.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So I see that... Clips and Archiving , but I was trying to split the load and write 50% of the video to 2 drives simultaneously. Maybe thats not a thing. I read that somewhere in here that, playback performance was better because playing recorded video from one drive didn't cause as much overhead in read/writes. Maybe I just need a bigger better single drive? like a 8TB WD purp? I might be asking a 3rd Gen i7 to do too much....with 12 cameras.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Take a look here, learn with me(!)